[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Vs kralien on small map
Forum Index » Titans
Lethaniel2

Lethaniel2

Does anyone know how to beat the bugs on a small map? They start with 1 or 2 pinzer then snake into flyers. The only counter I know to snake is the walker which is impossible to defend so early. I usually make 1 or 2 tanks to go against the pinzer but I can't get a walker out and protect it fast enough. Should I skip the plasma tank somehow?
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

if he get 2 pinzers and walker, you can afford 2 plasmas and 3 speeders, that enough to kill 1 pinzer and next turn you can try sneak near walker
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

It's a tough matchup, and mostly unwinnable on small maps (on the mainline). Walker is generally hopeless on small maps, but if it's got some obstacles and is a little bit more medium sized you can still pull it off if khral misplays (but requires expert timing on trying to pop the walker up - e.g. possibly early-ish if khral leads with pinzer-wyrm and then defending/delaying brilliantly with say single plasma and few mechas).

Definitely better is to try what rwieczor84 suggests which is go heavy on plasma+speeders and hope the opponent makes mistakes, giving you options to take out pinzer (plasma hit plus speeder gang-up), threaten wyrm, heal when you need to. Some (credit dan1 here) are supplementing the plasma+speeder approach on a little bit more medium-sized maps by playing defensive and making as many as 4 or 5 assimilators as the buildup continues, threatening a multiple UV hit before plasma and speeder attacks, looking to take out pinzers/swarmers/wyrms and gain enough material to pull ahead (allowing for insta-heal of speeders with all those sims around, as well as many options for assimilation against popping ants). This is relatively difficult, and there are counters to that as well for khral, but will take a lot of khral players by surprise (as it did me , though it looks like I will survive - dan where are you?) Basically, you want to capture space early then give way slowly, force khral to advance into UV range if he wants to set up wyrm hits, where he is vulnerable to the mass UV and material threats. (I think I actually need to experiment with this more - we're trying to determine whether the tactic lessens the perceived balance problem between khral and titan or not...)
keymaster2

keymaster2

i am currently playing as a khral vs a titan and they have used plasma tanks.I think you need an assimilator to repair plasma tanks 2 as my 2 pinzers are smasing the plasma tanks as they repair 2.The opponent has 3 tanks as a build a wrym.The opponent doesn't use speeders as my pinzers are next to both the bases.so speeders aren't always an option.
Forum Index » Titans