[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khralean Healing Ability
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
jeffrey

[Avatar]
jeffrey

I feel like a lot of people overlook this advantage... no race heals like Khralean. For those who don't know, an Infector boosts the healing of adjacent units by X3. This means your Pinzers, Leviathans, and Garuda can go straight from the brink of death to at least 7 health. Garuda in particular can take advantage of this, as they are able to escape from most battles before they are killed. Pinzers backed by an Infector are unstoppable- just protect your Infector at all costs. They are very easy to take down. Try to control healing bases early as Khralean for the same benefits. And remember, when you need to retreat to heal up and fight another day, Pinzers are great blockers, even against air units which they can't hit (getting in the way is often sufficient) Underlings can be put to the same use. They are useful as blockers as they are not only expendable, but can bury themselves to buy time to heal up before they are destroyed.

The offensive capabilities of Khraleans are obvious- but don't forget about their defensive abilities!
[Avatar]
jesse

[Avatar]
jesse

That's a great point because normally you don't think of the Khraleans as being able to take the same amount of punishment as other races, such as the Titans. But with medics at their side, they can be pretty hard to stop. And even if they don't survive, they're cheap enough so that you can treat them as expendable fodder and that will at least prevent the enemy from advancing!
rebelxt

rebelxt

Very good post, jeffrey.

Pinzers are great ZoC units. Good attack/healing rotation seems to be the best strategy. Some players have mastered this so well they are virtually impossible to beat now..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10, 2009 14:24

brainiac

brainiac

the healing is why khraleans are able to beat titans easily at maps like thermopylae where you send out several pinzers backed by an infector and then send a bunch of swarmers to kill your enemy's walkers. then just spam wyrms and steadily advance your pinzers. another thing to use is bury underlings and then resurface next to enemy support units.
searchlight

searchlight

Infectors are one of my favorite units, for exactly this reason.

Also don't forget to make use of plague against Sapiens. It raises absolute hell with them, and only serves to increase your regenerative advantage.
[Avatar]
aLoN

[Avatar]
aLoN

you are right, they can heal very fast, but are still useless against sapiens, you up for a game :p
keymaster2

keymaster2

the infector is the most expensive support unit.It is only fair for it to have the repair rate multiplied by three.All support units multiply their units around them by 1/100 of its cost.And infector is worth all the credits,it infects marines,plagues sapiens and makes units around heals as much as a medical base does.in a match i am playing i basically saved a 2 health garuda with my infector
keymaster2

keymaster2

also the infector supports air units when they face eclipses or other anti-air units
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Key master- this discussion is from 2009. There are several aspects of the first post that are wildly inaccurate a decade later.... including that Pinzer can not attack air units.

In general I'm OK with bringing back old posts, but please be mindful that new players may view these posts and not realize how old they are... and gather wrong info
Forum Index » Khraleans