[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UPDATE - New units !
Forum Index » New Feature Request
kikoho

kikoho

Hi ,

First of all, sorry for my bad English !

I play uniwar since 6 month and i think i start to be a very good player ( ending 4th august championship still alive in the 2 September championship). I really think i understand a lot this game, certainly more than common player.

I fear a lot that this patch will destroy the fun in this game and just become a pay to win game . I have make 3 of my friend to play this game because it wasn t a pay to win game, and only tactics will make you win ! I am quite sure that go in this way will decrease significantly the number of player in long-term

I think those unit will change the balance for the bad . For me tank/pinzer/plasma will be totally useless because could be defeat so easily by those new unit that cost too cheap. The same for artillery/walker/wyrm, too much expensive when a so much cheaper unit can do quite the same ...
When i see 14 dmg on ground heavy for 300, with range 3 and move, i seriously doubt that someone try to balance this unit. Basic unit + tank buster will be the only strategy maybe with some speed unit ...

Bopper is totally over power. marauder and speeder that are normally use to kill long range unit with speed will be destroy if they hit him in a trade 250 vs 300 . the counter can t even make a good trade . globally as power as a wyrm for 300 .( i personally consider that today the wyrm is one of best unit of the game )

Now compare swarmer with borfly, why the hell will you buy a swarmer .... Just totally ridiculous, more range, more damage by far, and less cost . only 6 mobility but seriously , who care ? With 2 of those ( 400 cost) , you can kill tank/pinzer/plasma in 1 turn or put them to 1-2 hp ....

The guardian is for me, the only one that is quite balance , the range of 1-2 is such less painfull that 3 range of other and it cost the most. An eclispse in better by far, but eclipse was such a bad unit ( my view of the game )

For me and for the moment, those 3 unit are intentionally not balance to force people to buy unicoins. So sad to see a such good game change rules on this way and i really wish , this update won t be commit without major change.

I think there is better way to convince player to buy unicoins without destroying the game. Enter in a championship could cost unicoins for example.

I give some idea if finally you decide balance more those unit and give them real counter ...

Bopper:
- can t move when shooting and reduce damage to 11 vs heavy.
- OR 1 -2 range and reduce damage to 11 vs heavy.
- OR no damage vs ground light and can only move by 1 tile whatever the tile expect water and reduce damage to 11 vs heavy.

borfly:
- can t move when shooting and reduce damage to 9 vs heavy.
- OR 2 -2 range and reduce damage to 9 vs heavy.
- OR no damage vs ground light and mobility 5 and reduce damage to 9 vs heavy.

guardian
- ground damage and aquatic 11
- no aerial damage
- only 2-2 range and cost 300

I would be interested in how the three new announced units would balance if their GL attack was removed and AQ and AR attack reduced to no more than 5 for any of them.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

9055 wrote:I would be interested in how the three new announced units would balance if their GL attack was removed and AQ and AR attack reduced to no more than 5 for any of them.

I wouldn't say that remove gl attack, you can, but not so practical in realistic sense

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I have an idea about the Underling's bury. What I think is that it can resurface atter move, but completely removing the +3 attack bonus. Or another way is that the idea still exists, but this is only effective if it only moves 1 tile away from its initial position. Sounds good?

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Attention everyone, this is from an excerpt from xavi. The new Sapien Blaster has a new design

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 06, 2016 10:03

join wang

join wang

Didn't there use to be a forum about underlings burying?
PS can't we just make it so that underlings near you are revealed only when u end your turn. I can't remember how many times I been able to avoid buried underlings just by undoing my turn.
Cerius0034

Cerius0034

I think there needs to be more aquatic units such as a cheap unit for the titans, as suggested earlier, for about 200 but quite week and only good against ground light. An amphibious unit would be a nice addition to the khrals bexause they generally have the most mobility so maybe a 300 with one or two range but still not very good against ground heavies. The saps could do with a cheaper unit in the water maybe to make use of another unit that can have two actions. There could be a speedboat with a similar cost of around 200 and ground light attack. Would be nice to see some more opinions.
Some of my ideas
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Cerius0034 wrote:I think there needs to be more aquatic units such as a cheap unit for the titans, as suggested earlier, for about 200 but quite week and only good against ground light. An amphibious unit would be a nice addition to the khrals bexause they generally have the most mobility so maybe a 300 with one or two range but still not very good against ground heavies. The saps could do with a cheaper unit in the water maybe to make use of another unit that can have two actions. There could be a speedboat with a similar cost of around 200 and ground light attack. Would be nice to see some more opinions.
Some of my ideas

that's what we're doing rn. just wait for it

Sloan

Sloan

Doesn't anyone want more aquatic units? We need more boats!
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Sloan wrote:Doesn't anyone want more aquatic units? We need more boats!

There will be 3 new aquatic units (1 for each race)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

New unit proposals ... because I didn't have wifi and didn't know what else to do with my life

Khral:
Shredder
GL
Cost: 75
Actions per turn: 1
Mobility 4
Vision 1
GL 4
GH 0
Aerial N/A
Aq 0
Amp 2
Range 1
Defense 2
Repair 2
Special force: bury
Special force: *quick deploy
Attack after move: yes
Move underground speed: 9
Move after attack: 0
Capture bases: no

*quick deploy: when the shredder is built, it can immediately move (and attack, if possible)

*ideally this unit would lack a zone of control.

A cheaper, more specialized underling. This unit exemplifies the swarm mentality the khraleans are known for.
Theme - swarming!

Saps:
Ranger
GL
Cost: 200
Actions per turn: 2
Mobility 7
Vision 4
GL 3
GH 3
Aerial 2
Aq 4
Amph 2
Range 2
Defense 3
Repair 1
Move underground speed: n/a

Mobile, precision striker who works exceptionally well in the shadows of mountains and forests. Rangers, marines and boppers together form a dangerous all purpose trio capable of giving any enemy a true headache.
Theme - finesse

Titans:
Disruptor
GL
Cost: 200
Actions per turn: 1
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 3
GH 2
Aerial N/A
Aq 1
Range 1
Defense 9
Repair 1
Special force: Disruptor armor*
EMP Range: 2
EMP Cooldown: N/A (can not be activated manually)
UV range: 2
UV Cooldown: 2
EMP after move: no
Move underground speed: N/A

*Disruptor armor: EMP deploys (at range 2) any time the disruptor is attacked by an enemy.

The disruptor is a sturdily built assimilator lacking the assimilate function and trading the long range destruction of the original UV blast for a short range, quick recharging zap. Advanced defense protocols developed in wars against more civilized species led to the development of the Disruptor Armor.
Theme - blocking, disruption

Thank you Paul5678 for feedback leading to current Disruptor build and ZoC change for the shredder

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21, 2017 13:05

[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

How about no ZOC on the Shredder?

So, the disruptor stuns all its nearby Titan friends whenever it takes a hit? That will not be popular at parties.

Way to put a non-WiFi moment to good use! Even better than that cactus-leaping dinosaur of Chrome fame.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Paul5678 wrote:How about no ZOC on the Shredder?

YES!!!

Paul5678 wrote:
So, the disruptor stuns all its nearby Titan friends whenever it takes a hit? That will not be popular at parties.

Way to put a non-WiFi moment to good use! Even better than that cactus-leaping dinosaur of Chrome fame.

UV doesn't effect Titans, so no it wouldn't get friendly Titans. In team games it would be a liability

Edit: just realized I need to change my first post to reflect that it's UV and not EMP lol. Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20, 2017 15:58

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Paul5678 wrote:How about no ZOC on the Shredder?

So I realized the potential of the disruptor armor giving an EMP and REALLY potentially impacting TvT battles in a huge way... (would need to deliver EMP after being attacked and before MAA to really change speeder usage... if that were a goal.. but either way...)

So given the limitations on the titan player with an EMP bomb in their midst I was able to totally change the stats of the unit. I made it very very Tanky. I upped it's attack and mobility. So I think it very much looks like a lone operator you would try to keep out in front of your army ... excellent at holding a forest or mountain... I feel like it could maybe use more fine tuning but it reminds me a lot of the salamander now
Forum Index » New Feature Request