[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Winters Path
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
JosiahJoe

JosiahJoe

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new at creating maps (now that you're able to for apple users) and I've made one called winterspath. At first there were a couple problems with it, but I think I've roughly fixed them. The only feedback I've gotten is from two to three friends, but I'd like some more. So if anyone has the time to play a quick unrated game look it up! Here's my ID and map stats:

Username: Josiahjoe
Map name: Winterspath
Map type: winter
Unrated
# of players: 2
Starting credits: 100
Credits per base: 50
Map size: small-mid
[Avatar]
andrei82b

[Avatar]
andrei82b

alright. i playtested your map and here are my thoughts:

- the fact that each player starts with one base is very good, a small starting money difference encourages players to create that map
- the fact that neautral bases are not capturable in the first round is bad, cause the game starts slow. nobody wants to spend 4 rounds just to capture all neutral bases - put some base units on the bases
- if you do not place base units near neutral bases, then the map is race unbalanced, as krals will capture their bases 3 turns earlier than titans
- other than that, it seem pretty good.. i'll let you know if anything else comes to my mind when i finish the game

Meanwhile, you could make a petition for unrated maps to be able to play as rated games and for maps to be editable and savable by the author with the same name while keeping their thumbs up. Cause every time we update a map, making it better, it's like creating it from scratch, losing all reviews and that sucks.

restecpa
JosiahJoe

JosiahJoe

Thank you for your feedback!
Forum Index » User Generated Maps