[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Ancient Castle: Feedback Requested. 4v4 Castle Concept!
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Hello Uniwarriors!!

I got deep into the game last year and brought my friends into it too. I have met many new ones as well! Now I am trying to give back to the uniworld, but need your help in making the most fun 4v4 map in the game.

Please take a look at Ancient Castle, 8-player unrated map and set up an open game or vs bots. Feel free to invite me! I am currently iterating the map and would like to get feedback from more people in the next version.

While balance, credit #, base placement etc is all up for debate, I'm really trying to answer 1 question -

"When you first look at this map, how does it make you feel? Does it 'grab' you? Would you see it and choose it on your own?"

I'm really trying to make the best castle concept in the game, and have it be very exciting for both sides.

Thank you so much.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
[Avatar]
MaxCast

[Avatar]
MaxCast

I have not played the map but here are my first impressions.
The outside (invaders) do not have much room to maneuver.
Limited access points are good for strategy.
I wonder if the defenders could concentrate on long range units and pluck the invaders as they spawn.

I believe first player is blue so the person who set it up is always the invader.
Suggestion. Make a two player version.

That's all for now, I will be playing it.
[Avatar]
MaxCast

[Avatar]
MaxCast

Finished one game and am in another of Ancient Castle. Per your other post about the map the attackers are spread out and I was thinking to maybe split the attackers top and bottom or left/right.
It is tough building one unit in each spot. Takes three rounds to get a little force set up to attack provide they are still alive. Communication has too many scenarios for 4 members of a team all around the map. By grouping to top/bottom at least two members can talk through their plan of attack and the other two, theirs.
The best way to capture the neutral base is to build a speeder and marine. cover the base and wait for the marine to get there.
Forum Index » User Generated Maps