[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Cheating in the game
Forum Index » General Discussion

I know how you can replay turn again without save!!!!

For example: You can damage enemy unit if have only 2% of chance.
This possibility has the advantage over a player.
My proposal is: remove the possibility of damage probability from a game.
Join my proposal!

See my Bug that I posted on this site.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

re-do turn before it is uploaded to the server is a known possibility and can be exploited in different ways.

Only real way to prevent this is to upload each move to the server.. wich will need a major rewrite and will probably not going to happen...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2014 07:14

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]

Not need to upload each move to the server - it is technically difficult to do. Especially the user can play only if they have a connection to the server. It is not always possible.

But!
When we removed the possibility of damage probability then player won't need to do it.
But now those know about this Bug can use it to take a advantage.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Removing the random modifier of the dammage formula will not remove the need for players to redo their turn. Many other ways to exploit this bug - scouting, positioning, better gangup, try multiple times to find the best etc etc

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]

Hmmm. I didnt think about this.
Thank you for your information how I can use this bug )

My new proposal is:
1) You can assign "random" variable for each unit on a server and load it then we will load game. It value won't be change. Value of variable the player cann't to see.
2) But we still can use this bug for scouting, training and etc. But I dont think that player will spend time for use this bug for it very often. I think that player spend time ONLY for use bug for increase of chance to damage.

I discussed it with my colleague and decided that better if you will to do upload each move on the server.
And calculate damage on the server.

I have one more question: If I to do loguot and login then I have decreases -1 (minus one) for attack and defense.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

243790438 wrote: I have one more question: If I to do loguot and login then I have decreases -1 (minus one) for attack and defense.

No you dont. The randoms are seeded from the server and do not change from logging in and out... See also dammage fomula under tips and tricks subforum.

[Email]
amidama

amidama

turn by turn upload is too long to write
removing random is too complicated to think about as it will need whole balance to be remade from scratch
the only possibility is to detect such action(its much easier) and ban players who use it.
and random is not changed after the turn redo. sequence of dicr rols is the same, you just spend it during the turn. but you can allocate bad shots on a weak target to minimise overkill and strong shots for one-shot-kills or other important targets. its still a freat bonus. also a underling detection, scouting, gangup checkup, and actually seeing your random sequence (you can write it down. its the same each time anyway)

more info http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2176.page

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Personally, I think you would see this go away entirely with a more advanced "undo" function. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally hit the wrong button (stay instead of capture) or mistakenly click on a unit while trying to scroll the map and end up moving a unit.

I think two things should occur, personally:
1) expand undo button, so that you can undo two actions in a row... Plus you should still be able to undo after 'taking your hand off the piece' and after attacking.
2) then, once that is available, start suspending people who abuse the ability to completely redo a turn.

Ofc that's just my opinion. I def use this glitch now in ranked games, which works as a good learning tool if nothing else. But I don't go through a day without needing it because of a 'legitimate' error that undo doesn't help with.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

amidama wrote:turn by turn upload is too long to write
removing random is too complicated to think about as it will need whole balance to be remade from scratch
the only possibility is to detect such action(its much easier) and ban players who use it.
and random is not changed after the turn redo. sequence of dicr rols is the same, you just spend it during the turn. but you can allocate bad shots on a weak target to minimise overkill and strong shots for one-shot-kills or other important targets. its still a freat bonus. also a underling detection, scouting, gangup checkup, and actually seeing your random sequence (you can write it down. its the same each time anyway)

more info http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2176.page

you are wrong.
there can be perfectly good reasons why players swich devices before a turn is done - banning players for doing so dont seem like a user-friendly feature

[Email]
amidama

amidama

im talking about counting such actions. im doing it five times per turn in every game, for example.
other reasons to do it isnt more than few times per day maximum

Hakumen
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

amidama wrote:im talking about counting such actions. im doing it five times per turn in every game, for example.
other reasons to do it isnt more than few times per day maximum

no.
it can still be valid reasons to do so.

i would personally have liked an admin message telling other players how many times my opponent had downloaded the turn if above 2 ... example : "the player simsverd downloaded from server 8 times"
...but Xavi will have many and more valuable features to add... so i will not hold my breath on that one

[Email]
amidama

amidama

Your option is probably even better. then you can play normally with nornal players at least.
but i would show it if its above 0 1 and 2 still a huuuuuge difference. and 0 and 1 shows precense

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

and the possibility to unagreed draw if enemy has more than 3 reloads more than you per game
(if im too lazy to play with another cheater in a ranked game)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01, 2016 13:49

Hakumen
Forum Index » General Discussion