[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Add remaining time from this turn to next turn option
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Hachiman

Hachiman

It would be great if you could have a game with 1 hour turns, but every minute you didn't use of your turn got added to your next turn.

So if you made a move after 1 minute, you would have 1 hour 59 minutes for your next turn. Then if you moved after 1 minute again you'd have 2 hours 58 minutes for the turn after that.

This would mean you could still have relatively fast games, but build up time to be able to leave the game to sleep without getting kicked.

Perhaps a maximum of 12-24 hours of time could be saved this way, to prevent abuse.
Anonymous

Anonymous
That's just way too complicated.

If you think you're going to take longer then play longer games. Most people don't wait the whole 12 or 24 hours to make their move anyway so it's not like a 1 day game means they're only going to move once a day.

magic molly

magic molly

I agree with the above. Not even really needed, too.
Hachiman

Hachiman

Yeah but what if you want to play fast in the day, but be able to sleep if a game is not finished without getting kicked?

Another way to do the same thing would be to be able to suspend games temporariliy. Perhaps you get 1 12 hour suspend for every so many moves you make...

If you're playing a 1 hr game and need to take time off, you can always open chat and actually tell the other person that you need a break and you'll be back, and ask them not to kick you.

I've done it quite a few times and others have done it with me. If they're decent people they'll say "OK". If they're not willing to do that then they're probably not someone I'd want to play against anyway.
Forum Index » New Feature Request