[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UPDATE - New units !
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

6 New units are coming to uniwar!

It will not be the first new feature to come, but it is definaltely in the works and will come soon...

I have discussed this with Xavi and he gave me some more details on the "premises" for the new units.

The first 3 units to come will be aquatic - 1 for each race.

Here are the limitations (for complexity/stability reasons):
* NO transporter.
* NO unit spawning another unit
* NO terrain mutability
* NO new abilities. It's okay to rename an ability khraleans underground => sapiens camouflage.

There are many great ideas in the old thread ! Now lets see if we can bring that discussion further with these new premises and make some doable/viable ideas on the new units that can be implemented in the game!

New units will require much balance testing. A few top players will be asked to support here...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11, 2017 09:38

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Here are my ideas for new units - the aquatic in bold/red.

Khral:
1. Iguana
Spits Acid range 2. Very good AA. Weak vs heavies. Ok vs light units. relatively cheap (200?)
This unit will be a good asset vs the deadly heli/marine combo of sap. Also to break the tedious swarmer battles in khral vs khral.

2. Salamander
Moves on water and land. Capture bases. Attack range 1-2.
This unit will enable khral to send units over water and capture bases on islands.

Sapiens:
3. Commando/Sniper
Range 3. Strong vs light. Weak vs others. Enhance range of battery: within 3 range gives battery same area of effect as it self. Camuflage mode (same effect as buried ling).
Will give the battery long range to better fight vs walkers. And can snipe the supportunits of the enemy.

4. Hovercraft
Move land (not mtn or forest) and sea and capture bases. Light attack range 1-2.
This unit will enable sap to send units over water and capture bases on islands.

5. Tankbuster-infantry
Strong vs. Heavy and medium land units. Othervise similar to marine. Capture bases.
This will enable sap to better handle the plasmatank front when playing against a fortified titan.

6. Bomber aircraft
Move3. Range 3.
Strong vs all land and sea units. Can not hit air units.
This will enable sap to hit the walkers when playing against a fortified titan.

Titan:
7. Predator drone
Give vision on buried lings within 2 or 3 hexes. Meduim attack vs air and ground.
This will enable titan to better fight against a khral playing buried-lings tactics.

8. Skimmer
A water speeder with good anti-air.useful in particular for harrying Garuda and Helis on the water. Can gang up on heavy naval as well but is outranged by them and takes significant damage – more of a finisher. Fast (long range. 12 or 15).
For more interesting and complex sea battles.
(this is really Waxoids idea - thx!)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 30, 2014 08:42

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
EVR1022

EVR1022

I like your ideas so far, but I'd like to present a couple others as well. Keep in mind that I'm terrible at naming things, so I'll just present the concepts. Maybe somebody else can help out with the names if any of these ideas are used.

Aquatic Units

Khraleans -
Based on the StarCraft Scourge unit, but remodeled for naval warfare. It would need to be relatively inexpensive (~200-250 credits), very quick (~15 mobility) and deal solid damage from close range (~5 to 7 attack from a range of 1). However, it would have a very low defense (defense ~2 or 3). It would be designed as a sacrificial unit to be used to soften up an opponent prior to Leviathan attack. A group of these could even take down a fully healthy Destroyer on their own, but the numbers should be balanced in a way that this isn't cost effective. It's not designed to be a stand alone unit, but to be used in conjunction with the rest of the Naval and Air fleet of the Khraleans.

Alternate 1 - Could be given the 'Plague' special ability to give it a weapon when it is unable to approach to a range of 1.

Alternate 2 - Could be made into an amphibious unit to be used in a similar way as the Sapien Tankbuster proposed by Sims. Land movement would need to be slower (2-3 hexes perhaps?).

Sapiens -
This would be a submarine-type unit that could only attack other Aquatic units. It could dive under the water and resurface to attack (same mechanism as the Underling's bury ability). High damage (~8 base attack with +4 bonus on resurfacing) but low staying power (~4 defense). Moderate speed (3 hexes on surface, 2 hexes when underwater). Cost around 350-450 credits. The Underling of the sea.

Titans -
A versatile Naval unit, almost like a Garuda on water. It would be moderately priced (~450-550 credits), quick (~12 mobility) and have an attack range of 1-2 hexes. Moderate damage (~7-10 attack against all unit types) with solid defense (defense ~9 or 10). This unit could be effective on it's own, or act as a front line to protect the powerful yet vulnerable Hydronaut.

Will edit with the other 3 units later.
EVR1022

EVR1022

Regarding the new non-aquatic units, I like the idea of adding a 'heavy infantry' class at a cost of 200-250 credits per unit. Each unit would have a unique specialty to help boost an area of weakness for that race: anti-air for the Khrals, anti-tank for the Saps, and mobility for the Titans. Here are my proposals in that regard (building on some of Sims' ideas here):

Iguana
Cost = 250 credits
Mobility = 9
Range = 1-2
Ground Light = 7
Ground Heavy = 3
Air = 5
Aquatic = 2
Defense = 6
Vision = 4
Special ability = Bury (Underground mobility = 5, which means it cannot move into mountain or swamp hexes. This could be adjusted to 4 to eliminate sand as well.)

Tank-buster
Cost = 250 credits
Mobility = 9
Range = 1-2
Ground Light = 6
Ground Heavy = 10
Air = 3
Aquatic = 10
Defense = 5
Vision = 4

Turbo Mecha
Cost = 200 credits
Mobility = 7 and Actions = 2
Range = 1
Ground Light = 7
Ground Heavy = 4
Air = 4
Aquatic = 2
Defense = 6
Vision = 4

Please critique these numbers and let me know if you think any adjustments would be in order.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02, 2015 19:09

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

An amphibious light infantry per race. Able to capture base.
Cost 200-300. Attack range 1-2. Weak armor.
Fast on water. Slow on land. And can't pass mountain & forest.
Their attack and defense should be decreased a bit when standing on land.
Thus whenever they're landed, they should be hurry go for capturing the base.
Otherwise regular infantries can catch them and hunt them down.

Sap amphibious's gun should be strong against tanks.
Moderate against infantries and ships.
But weak against aerials.

Kharl amphibious should have a strong gun against ships and aerial.
But weak against infantries and tanks.

And for titan it should have a good anti-air gun.
Moderate against infantries & tanks.
But weak against ships.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Sims great ideas. My only thought is that while those three units will open up all sea maps to all races, and totally changes maps, it could be unfair to Titans on land as they don't get a new land unit. That being said, if the new sap and khral units are light, they would be easily countered by titan speeders eclipse and plasma. Thanks!!

Wondering, before a beta test, do the developers use paper prototypes? That seems to me to be the ideal way to test out new units that could unbalance races. Could also let you try crazy ideas like spawning units or other new abilities.
[Avatar]
quanras

[Avatar]
quanras

Sims, is there a timeline for these additions?

Here are a few thoughts:

Sapiens: the game needs a submarine, a unit that can hide underwater and pop up to do damage. Mostly for anti-naval but with some attack against aerial/land as well. Low defence so you have to be careful when you time your resurfacing.

Khrals: I really like the idea of an amphibious unit. I often think of a Crocodile.. something that's faster in the water but still useful on land. Medium defence and high attack against everything but aerial. And as a twist, make it STRONGER in the swamps. The swamp tiles get no love in the game. I don't think the Khrals need any more ranged units personally.

Titans: I like the idea of a cheap, weak and fast boat you can use to shield hydronauts.
[Avatar]
Kepler-7

[Avatar]
Kepler-7

I remember playing this game a long time ago - I think at least four, five years back or so. I just recently found it again. I really like how it's grown!

Now, personally, I like Titans, and they don't seem to be getting as much units as the others, so I have two ideas:

Deadeye

A lightly armored, low mobility unit with really high vision and an attack range of four hexes, along with high damage. It's not built for offense very well, except maybe for support, but is meant for defense - it can be positioned as a guard to shoot at enemies before they get close, and to see them coming. It could also be used in traps that utilize the fog of war.

Scanner

A burrowing unit of some sort - perhaps instead of Bury, it would be called Light Refraction or something like that? - with high vision, high mobility, but no attack and low defense. They are meant to utilize the Titans' Teleport ability. They could move near the enemy bases while camouflaged, allowing Titans to teleport in for quick surprise attacks. Maybe they could also somehow have lower health?
savior59

savior59

Sapiens:
-Ghost: A unit that is weak against ground light and aquatic units. Additionally, it's attack stat is nothing too great against aerial units. However, this unit possesses a decent amount of attack against ground heavy units. Additionally, this unit should be able to use the "cloak" ability, which turns it invisible (Kind of like the underling "bury" ability, only that instead of a mobility loss, this unit can only remain cloaked for 2 turns). This unit would best be used for fights against the Titans, due to the ability to be able to harass key targets (walkers, etc.).
Estimated Stats:
Cost: 225-300
Abilities: Cloak (5 Turn CD)
Mobility: 8-10
Ground Light: 2-4
Ground Heavy: 5-8
Aerial: 3-5
Aquatic: 1-3
Defense: 3
Range: 1-2 (should be able to hit 2 range).
Repair: 1
Actions:1
Vision:4

-Falcon: A strong, very mobile fighter jet (obviously aerial). This unit is strong against most unit types, but lacks any countermeasures against ground light units. This unit is best described as a speedy aerial unit that excels at tearing apart ground heavy and aerial units.
Estimated Stats:
Cost: 550-600
Abilities: None
Mobility: 12
Ground Light: 0
Ground Heavy: 7-9
Aerial: 8-11
Aquatic: 5-9
Defense: 10
Repair: 1
Range: 1
Actions: 2
Vision: 5

-Brigate:
Cheaper than the typical destroyer, this unit's greatest use is the ability to get up close and personal with enemy aquatic units, along with providing zones of control to deny the enemy access.
Cost: 350-450
Abilities: none
Mobility: 10-12
Ground Light: 6-7
Ground Heavy: 6-7
Aerial: 6-8
Aquatic: 8-10
Defensive Strength: 9-11
Range: 1-2
Repair: 2
Actions: 1
Vision: 5

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11, 2015 21:03

anonym551653

anonym551653

Titan
Aqua
Cost 450
Type aquatic
Movement 6
Ground heavy 10
Ground light 10
Ariel 5
Aquatic 0
Range 1
Capture Bases Y
Actions 2
Defense 8
Repair 1
Attack after move Y
Special Ability healer 2x
A water healer that can defend hydrogen by blocking and can remove pesky land units on the coast.

Juggernaut
Cost 350
Type light ground
Movement 6
Ground heavy 2
Ground light 2
Ariel 2
Aquatic 2
Range 1
Capture Bases Y
Actions 1
Defense 12
Repair 1
Attack after move Y
Special Ability teleport
A good wall unit

Khralean

Kraken
Cost 350
Type Aquatic
Movement 10
Ground heavy 5
Ground light 5
Ariel 8
Aquatic 6
Range 4-5
Capture Bases N
Actions N
Defense 5
Repair 1
Attack after move Y
Special Ability Move after attack
A good anti air unit for naval battle

Queen
Cost 200
Type ground light
Movement 6
Ground heavy 0
Ground light 0
Ariel0
Aquatic 0
Capture Bases N
Actions 4
Attack after move Y
Defense 3
Range 3-4
Special Ability Attack after move
Doesn't have an attack animation as it has no power, but can be used for small gangup power

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13, 2015 18:16

anonym551653

anonym551653

For sapiens just a sub and sniper, but won't write stat for others already get idea and probably wrote the stat but make sure to give sub submerge.
anonym551653

anonym551653

Also I really feel that the light ground classification is neglected too much
So please add some light ground units.
kage

kage

Sniper is wonderfull, but predator droid will be useless. I think Turbo mecha better.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Here's my proposal for a anti tank infantry for the Sapien.
Basically the idea is to have an infantry that isn't that much more expensive (around the 150-200 range), does less damage to infantry than the normal 100 ones and moves slower, but does far more damage to heavy units. It gives a cheap yet vulnerable counter to big heavy units IMO and would very probably help a great deal against titans plasma tanks. No damage to air,

Cost = 15-200 Credits
Mobility = 7
Range = 1
Ground Light = 3
Ground Heavy = 11
Air = 0
Aquatic = 11
Defense = 5
Vision = 4
Can capture bases
Has Light unit classification

Maybe some of you will notice I stole the idea from the advance wars mech unit. Well, it's a pretty well designed unit, I think he'll fit right in uniwar.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

some kind of bazooka gun marine is great but against khral he is useless.
Forum Index » New Feature Request