[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How do defenders inflict damage?
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

I posted this question in another thread already but the topic went another direction so the question remains open:

I find it hard to understand how much damage the attacker takes.

Let me give you an example: If you attack an Eclipse with a Swarmer (just an example, I'm not saying it is usually a good move) your swarmer will inflict around 3 damage and loose around 8 of your precious little bees. If you do the same thing with a Speeder, you will also inflict around 3 damage but only loose maybe 3 Speeders. Both attackers have 5 stats against heavy ground units, and the Eclipse 9 defense.

BUT: Obviously the defending unit causes different damage to the attackers due to its different attack stats against aerial (12) and heavy (3). Is it just calculated as if the defender attacked back, or how is the formula behind this?

Just wondering as in the beginning I had some serious losses due to miscalculation.
lorfje

lorfje

If A attacks B, the defense is just B attacking A (if B is not temporarily disabled of course). Both attacks are simultaneous on the basis of the unit-stats before the attack, and I don't see any attackers advantage in Uniwar. That is, except for the gang-up bonus that the attacker can achieve (and the Underling attack bonus when resurfacing).
magic molly

magic molly

Yup. I don't think it matters who attacks, the damages are the same.
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Thanks for the answer; now that you mention it, it seems very obvious. And I feel very embarrassed to having asked in the first place.
magic molly

magic molly

_jnc_ wrote: Thanks for the answer; now that you mention it, it seems very obvious. And I feel very embarrassed to having asked in the first place.

S'okay.

I wonder though, should they add an attacker's advantage? I know there is a little bit of luck in each attack, perhaps the attacker gets slightly better luck. Or if a unit moves from out of the view radius to attack a unit, there is a surprise bonus. Maybe not. Rather complicated, and not really needed.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

magic molly wrote:

I wonder though, should they add an attacker's advantage?

In a Turn Based Strategy? I really think that would be for the worse. The first player, especially on smaller maps, would get the advantage more often than not, unless the second player was very high level. It's a great idea, but i think it would cause much more complication. Maybe in a Real Time Strategy

-= The UniWar Team =-
Forum Index » General Discussion