[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Timebank!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
AstroXOX

AstroXOX

I would like to propose a change to the way time works. Currently we have a timer for each move, which may be 1 day in a fast game. The problem with this is that someone might be able to play once a day for 50 turns, but on his 51st he is out of Internet coverage, misses two goes, and his opponent wins.

To improve this we could have timeouts and time banks. The time bank only decrements when the timeout is on zero and is never replenished. For a 1 day timeout a 3 day timebank might be appropriate. In the above example what would happen is that when one day had expired, the player's timebank would start to decrement and might be down from 3 to 1 day timebank left when he managed to reconnect. He would nor lose the game or have any automatic moves done, but would be penalised for a second similar delay because his timebank would run out.

What does everyone think of this? I play chess on redhotpawn.com and I suggested a similar scheme there several years ago - it is still in use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06, 2015 01:24

anonym551653

anonym551653

I'd prefer a system where the total is three days but instead of no replenishing, have half of the extra time go into the bank, the first day is one but each turns gives you more. Just my idea but yours is good too.
AstroXOX

AstroXOX

The idea is to get it a bit better without letting people who are losing stall for ages and ages, annoying you and delaying any tournament you might be in.

There are quite a few ways to achieve that though, I agree.
Forum Index » New Feature Request