[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to beat Mission 7
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

It seems that Mission 7 is the first hurdle that people encounter in campaign mode, so here are some tips to help come out victorious.

Remember that your goal is only to hold out for 20 turns. You don't have go on the offensive. Also, remember to use the terrain around you. Mountains give ground units a big defense boost.

If you immediately capture the first base, you'll have enough credits to build a Helicopter in the next turn. Build one, and move it to the gap between the mountain range. This effectively slows down the enemy Underlings, since they'll have to move through the mountains to get to your base.

Now, what you want to do is make sure the Underlings don't get through the mountains. Every turn, you'll get enough credits to build two Marines, one per base. If you keep sending wave after wave of Marine cannon-fodder into the mountain range, you'll be surprised at how well you can hold out.

As long as you keep the Helicopter alive (which shouldn't be hard if you play defensive, since they're one of the tougher units), keeping the mountain range under control should be sufficient.

Or you could just play on Easy Mode once the update comes out.
[Avatar]
davegobe

[Avatar]
davegobe

I beat this mission by initially sending out a couple of Marauders to harass the Khraleans, then retreating back to my bases. Similar to the Helicopter strategy.
rebelxt

rebelxt

There are multiple ways to beat mission 7. You can do it with marines only as well. Just send early marine to the right and don't attack with it (just heal), and send all other marines to the mountains, attack air units only. It also makes sense not to kill their damaged air units since you create a nice traffic jam this way.
exile

exile

I did it using just marines and a couple engineers. If people would read the instructions carefully, they might discover how to do it, for it clearly gives a hint.
Chifilo

Chifilo

can someone put a step-by-step walkthrough for mission 7!? I tryed doing what some people suggested but its not working for me... at all, by round 11 they took the base on the right side...
magic molly

magic molly

Chifilo wrote: can someone put a step-by-step walkthrough for mission 7!? I tryed doing what some people suggested but its not working for me... at all, by round 11 they took the base on the right side...

Round eleven?!?!?!? jesus man. Ah well.

While i'm far too lazy to make a step by step walkthrough, just make a chopper fast, use it defensively (retreat to the healing base a lot) and spam marines into the mountains. Never attack the garudas with the chopper, only swarmers. If there are no swarmers, attack the infantry. If no infantry, heal.

Oh, and don't forget to send one marine over to the right to block the two infantry coming from there. Don't attack, just heal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22, 2009 17:48

omulu

omulu

I used the "heli-on-the-gap" technique:

1-Capture base
2-Wait until u can build 1 heli. ONE IS ENOUGH
3-after that, move heli to the gap between mountains
4-keep building marines as fast as possible and sending them to the mountains
5-Try to keep at least 2 lines of mountains filled with marines
6-NEVER attack
7-Rotate damaged units, always put units with more HP on the front line
8-If possible, after filling the mountains with marines, build up to 2 engineers
9-More than 2 engineers is a waste - only 2 can be safely protected.
10-Having only up to 2 engineers also help avoid traffic jams
11-Never advance your defense line
12-Dont move your units to be healed too far behind. They must be able to heal and be back on theit positions quickly
13-Remember: Engineers are good distractions. The bot AI will always try to get them, even if they are on 10 HP behind a 1 HP marine
brainiac

brainiac

playing this mission on hard wasn't too different. one helicopter to fill the gap then spam marines into the mountains, only attacking aerial units. rotate some damaged marines to the medic base but just keep them coming. i didn't use any engineers.
Forum Index » Guides & Tips