[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maps mysteriously disappearing.... glitch, or bad interface?
Forum Index » Bug Reports
ironklad

ironklad

Over the last several months, 3 of my user-made maps have disappeared from the list.

I'm very certain I didn't intentionally delete them, because even when I revise a map, I will only delete the original after the revision has been published. I normally don't delete my maps even if they are not very successfully rated, and sadly the ones that disappeared were designs that I really liked.

I think there are two possibilities - there could be a glitch causing maps to disappear, but that's hard to say because it seems kind of random.

The other possibility which I admit is more likely, is that I've accidentally deleted these maps because the map deleting interface is badly designed. The reason I say it's badly designed is the "confirm" button pops up in the same spot as the "trashcan" button. So if you are handling your phone a bit clumsily while browsing maps, you could very easily hit the "trashcan" button and then the "confirm" button immediately afterward without even realizing it.

I suggest there needs to be a much more deliberate action to perform to delete your map, such as sliding a button, or typing in "delete" in a confirmation text box.

ironklad

ironklad

It would also be really nice if maps could be saved in a "draft" mode where they are only available to play by invite, or with bots, for testing purposes. That would really cut down on the amount of "v1.. v1.5.. v1.7.. etc" maps that are cluttering the map list.

With this "draft" mode idea, instead of permanently deleting a published map, you would only be able to place it back into "draft" mode for further editing, or for deletion. This would give a further safeguard against accidentally deleting a published map.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21, 2015 18:12

Forum Index » Bug Reports