[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
FFA in-match teams.
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

Hello Xavi,

I have a suggestion concerning FFA games. Now, I know that this is no where near the top of your list of things to wok on for uniwar, but if you ever do implement it, or something similar, that would be awesome.

My idea is this:

Currently when players in Uniwar FFA matches make in game alliances the allianced players have to be careful that their Zone of Control does not interfere with their allies's movement. This can be quite annoying when coordinating a combined strike force. It would be very cool if an option existed that allowed a player (let us call him "Bob") to make indevidual "alliances" with other players enabling those other players to ignore Bob's zone of controle as long as Bob has those other players marked as allies in Bob's list of allies. And vice versa for the other player's zone of controle for Bob.

Now, it would not have to be a requirement, but these "alliances" between players would not nessisarily make each player immune from their ally's attacks, but just from their zone of controle. This would preserve the ability of FFA players to turn traitor on their ally's, maintaining the current danger of forming an alliance in FFAs.

Thanks for your time,
Shadowntr.

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

That would need to be mated with an option to set games up with alliances on or off when they are created, which would also help with the problem where some people really like playing with alliances/diplomacy in FFA and some really don't. In "no alliances" games it would clarify that the custom there is not to propose truces/alliances but communicate via in-game positioning and ability to retaliate, like the pros do.
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

I did not really think that far ahead waxoid. That would definitely be a much better part of any FFA upgrades than what I offered.

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
Forum Index » New Feature Request