[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Proposal for a new icon - We want YOUR feedback
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Here is a female Sapiens that we plan on using as the game icon. She might also be introduced as a new unit...
We would love to hear your feedback. Be frank, Be honest, Just SAY IT

Here is an icon for a male Sapiens.

Which one do you prefer and for which reason?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jun 05, 2016 17:48

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

To be completely honest (And I realize I am far from the most qualified to make a judgement), I do not think this sapien female picture adequately embodies Uniwar.

While it certainly would add "sex appeal" to the game's front cover and thus advertise uniwar to more players, I do not believe that is what an icon for uniwar should represent. Uniwar is a strategy based game with Science fiction oriented units and gameplay. A game icon should try to encapsulate the ideal futuristic soldiers, not nessisarily something perhaps aimed to bring in more players. Quality over quantity.

Perhaps some movie like poster type picture with a sapien fighter in the forefront being flanked by a titan unit and a krahlan? IDK
I am no expert. But what I do know is this, I do not think this is the ideal icon for Uniwar.

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

On a seperate note though, it is a pretty cool picture.
Nice job Xavi.

The word philosophy sounds high-minded, but it simply means the love of wisdom. If you love something, you don't just read about it; you hug it, you mess with it, you play with it, you argue with it.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

The photograph of the man certainly has more of a military/warlike look to it than the female picture. Much closer to what my opinion of an Uniwar icon should be than the female photo. However, it is still lacking in some regards.

1. Although the armor design looks very cool, the armor coloring is pretty plain. I can search my appstore right now for science fiction games and come up with in surplus of 8 games that have cool looking high tech soldiers on the icon that look alot more interesting. Maybe adding some color highlights to the armor? Especially on the helmet.

2. Like I said immediately above, It does look alot more "uniwarriorish" than the female picture, however It is easy to find many similar and better pictures of high tech soldiers icons on the appstore on apps that are useless compared to Uniwar. The game icon needs something to set it apart. Specifically, the unique units uniwar possess. (Kralhans and titans). Perhaps using on of them, or a combination of them together would work well.

3. The female picture is not a waste though. If she was a unit in the game, I would consider blending her in with a combination of krahlan and/or titan units for an icon to perhaps maybe being a good idea.. That would get the best of both worlds.

In any case, I am just one opinion giving his honest beliefs on the subject. So feel free to ignore me if you do not like my advice.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

This is an extraordinary feedback that I will share with the artists. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain and going for the extra mile. Very much appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16, 2015 19:03

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Shadowntr

[Avatar]
Shadowntr

You are welcome. Glad to help.

- Hugh Jackman

[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I like the woman. Geeks like girls in general. I say go with the she-sap as it might draw more players/business, which is the goal here. I imagine her tearing a marauder through canyons, touching up her eyeliner in the rear view while slaloming through a rain of swarmer venom.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I vote something that shows three races fighting. That's the core of the game really, that's what makes it so unique and plain old awesome.

Maybe go with the woman soldier and an underling and a mechanical.

Also, I like that the female soldier is not overly sexualized. Kind of reminds me of samus, just a butt kicking soldier that happens to be a woman. A lot of women play uniwar, I would be very sad to see you select an image that is a sexualized caricature in an attempt to appeal to previously mentioned "geek culture".
anonym551653

anonym551653

Perhaps a marine and eclipse fighting against a underling and pinzer. For now the second for reasons shadowntr explained. Perhaps some wear and tear on the armor and a scar or two with a mecha II behind him if my idea doesn't get chosen, I think an army shows more what the game is about than a single unit.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

male is pale. He look like he is infected
give him some colors on his face.
anonym551653

anonym551653

[i]
  rwieczor84 wrote:male is pale. He look like he is infected
give him some colors on his face.

you're right
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Female icon is the way to go. It look beautiful, simple and mysterious. And it's not too sexualized.
Newcomers look at the icon , they see a woman wearing space armor. With an alien star below and deep space above.
Then they known this game is war. And the battlefield is among the star.

But yeah, like previous comments said. It lack something to tell the world that this game is multi-racial war.
Maybe an alien at the bottom left or looming in the background?

But if adding an alien mean the icon will become too full and lack its plain&simple mysterious look,
I would say just use this female icon.
[Avatar]
DrMonte

[Avatar]
DrMonte

Why not use both?
Split the icon and have both male and female pictures... BTW they are both excellent!
I remember the original Mechwarrior, 1990's PC game. Had both male and female warriors, I believe it was a nice touch!

Success is just the beginning...
anonym551653

anonym551653

DrMonte wrote:Why not use both?
Split the icon and have both male and female pictures... BTW they are both excellent!
I remember the original Mechwarrior, 1990's PC game. Had both male and female warriors, I believe it was a nice touch!

Yeah but give the man some blood in his skin. Please remove the heavy makeup on the girl, a warrior has no time for it and it is generally not permitted in militaries (at least I think so, prove me wrong if so) and it makes her look more sexualized. Also a mecha II .would add to it.
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

http://blog.theatrebreaks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/atp-worl-tour-finals-2014-630x320.jpg

I say something like this with all of the uniwar units lined up in this way. You dont have to put as many up as they have here but I think this would give a nice spectrum of this game. I feel like one unit doesnt do this game justice.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates