[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Experiment X: Exodus of the Khraleans
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
WolfSaint

WolfSaint

On the planet Unix (place of the UniWar game), there is a single scorpion that has a crazed mutation, making it roughly the size of a small dog, given unusual DNA, & a highly evolved brain for cognitive superiority. A scientist discovers this strange mutated arthropod & takes it to a lab to investigate.

Professor Khral Log I: There is an astounding discovery I made, a highly developed species of scorpiones! This strange creature is roughly 50cm in length. It has a strange look to it, almost mystic... I am currently analyzing samples of this...thing, to see what this may have spawned from.

After much studies, the scientist discovers the anomaly of the scorpion, eventually called a Khralean. He grows an emotional attachment to this freakshow alien insect. It is almost as if the intelligence of it has given it a slightly hypnotic capability that the scientist is snared by.

Professor Khral Log V: Khralean is a lovely little thing...after some more clean samples, it appears he has a BEAUTIFUL set of genes! By turning parts of his genetic code on and off, Khralean is able to make his offsprings completely different to adapt to nearly anything; large ants, truck-size hornets, mysterious crabs, and even a godly squid! Khralean is a new species of intelligent beings! He is better than us, he can teach us so much!

The insanity of the scientist becomes apparent to his superiors, but the madman believes they are plotting against him and his new friend. He destroys his work to hide the might of Khralean and steals his notes and the insect into the untamed wilds of Unix.

Khral Log VIII: They tried to take Khralie! Those demons do not see Khralie's briliance...they're scared of Khralie's beauty. Khralie understands my troubles, Khralie is so precious to help me... Khralie said he has a plan, Khralie knows how to make them pay for wanting to KILL Khralie & me!! Khralie wants to make me feel better Khralie says, Khralie knows how to help me forget these horrible beasties... Khralie is helping me sleep, Khralie says it will help me forget...Kralie... ... ...

"Khralie" in fact becomes the first Khralean, and is an early version of an Infector. Taking over Khral's mind, he creates the new beings we know of today...

Khralean Record I: These demons are dangerous...but their minds are so easy to decieve. My race is growing quite well feeding off their corpses...soon we will make them pay...but for now we stalk, stalk the shadows and grow until we can get our revenge...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 24, 2015 05:51

[Avatar]
Winter Pole

[Avatar]
Winter Pole

Huh, what?
I thought Kharleans considered humans to be just humans, old and known enemies.
Titans are the "demons" because they use incomprehensibly advanced technology (to kharls that can barely use an assault rifle), are not organic and therefore immune to gimmicks like plague or infection, teleport around, and, the most importantly, "possess" (assimilate) their underlings against their former comrades.
Also, underlings themselves can create other Kharleans in bases too, not just infectors. Even infected marines can. So, either all underlings or infected marines can breed too, or infectors lay eggs that each underling/infectee carries to establish a base, and the "base creature" is the one that truly "gives birth" to Kharleans, just like plants have sporophyte and gametophyte.
Edit: Grammar

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30, 2020 22:01

Forum Index » UniWar: Origins