[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A few things...
Forum Index » General Discussion
dougman4

dougman4

Kudos to the developers with the iOS version update. Indeed, many of my concerns and suggestions have been answered. In particular, I think these features especially helpful:

- Battle forecast (showing exact kill/loss info for multiple units at once)
- Pinch to zoom map (works fantastically)
- Reformatted layout of war report (separating players by team) and info screen is nice
- Being able to view leaderboard and sign up for tournaments is nice

Wish list:
- PLEASE ENLARGE THE CHAT TEXT INPUT BOX, IT IS DIFFICULT TO VIEW AND EDIT WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE SENDING!
- Be nice to see kill info by team member in team games (though having a team total is very nice and the most important thing)
- There are still some actions you can't undo, like helicopter move after attack (if you try to undo it drops you in your original location)
- Units colors are still too similar. I've screen shots of large battles and I defy anyone to easily pick out red vs orange khrals. Orange sapiens looks to be the same color as red khrals. Why are units a solid color just for certain races? Black sapiens are solid black, but black is actually a weird mix including dark green for titans/khrals. I can understand the desire to add detail, but a solid color for all units is HIGHLY desirable for me. Having multi-tone unit colors that combine different player colors (black/green, orange/red) is a poor design choice.
- Please add more common slang to the icon lookup in chat. For example, instead of just marauder, add "jeep" to reference the marauder icon. There are a couple dozen common shorthand terms that could be also used.
- The text crawl at the top of the screen in game is driving me absolutely crazy. Please get rid of the crawl and develop a concise phrase that fits without crawling. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO KEEP SPENDING MY LIFE WAITING TO FIND OUT JEEP ACTIONS REMAINING! Or, maybe you could insert a temporary 1 or 2 (for moves remaining) onto the marauder icons during a players move.
- Stop the vibrate every time I open the app.

Question:
- What does it mean to agree to peace in a tournament game? Is it really a draw? Or does the system automatically calculate bases owned or unit value killed and declare a winner anyway? By mid game, it would be more likely than not for one person to be ahead if only by a few units killed. And, if one player is slightly down and agrees to a draw I don't know if that player automatically loses or really draws.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10, 2015 05:48

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

Draw is always draw.
dougman4

dougman4

An addition comment. I run the iOS version and only the solo ladder is visible. There is no way to view the championship ladder. It stays greyed out as a selection choice.
dougman4

dougman4

Hey, with the new iOS update I can see the championship ladder - thanks!
Forum Index » General Discussion