[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Saps battery reform suggestion
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

Hello, Mr.Xavi.
Recently my friends and I are talking about if there could be a reform on saps' battery. Most of us argue that while a wyrm can attack after move and a walker has good range while the battery looks clumsy and incompetitive among the 3 artillery units--if he wants to attack, he has to move forward in range, which takes a turn. However a 4 tile range could be dangerous as it could be blind-shot by fast units. When the opponent builds a walker, you may not dare to put a battery in front to attack the plasma in front of the walker since that is in the walker's range.
As for the move after attack ability, many of us believe that it is a "chicken-rib" (which means fancy but almost useless) ability--in most cases a battery is used to attack a unit 4 tiles away. If a battery retreats a tile after attacking the unit, he goes out of the range.I knew maybe the battery's a-a-m ability is designed as a function just like that of a copter or a speeder, but we didn't find that great "dagger in the cloak" effect on battery as on the former.
Those are the main reasons why my friends and I suggest a reform, and my suggestion is that the battery can be adjusted into a m-a-a rather than an a-a-m unit. However, considering the price of the unit, a limitation could be set that his attack can only be activated when he spends no more than 4 mobilty pts (e.g. He can attack after moving over a plain or sand tile, while can't attack after moving over a swamp, woods tile or 2 plain tiles).
I knew that adjustment might be not simple as the previous ones, but I would be very greatful if you can be so kind to consider it!
Thx a lot!
kids

kids

Sounds like a good idea!
anonym551653

anonym551653

Nay, I totally disagree. I constantly argue in the forum comparing it to the walker it is equal, sure you can say that 10 walkers are impenetrable but you shouldn't let them get that many already, you should use maraders against them by passing through their defense (and if their defenses is too much for you you lost anyways walker or not). But now a new argument comes up about batteries comparing them to wyrms. WRONG! The wyrms suck against sapiens as they have little ways to defend them and batteries out range them. Not to mention that khraleans aren't known for their defensive abilities. So they are never a problem to sapiens when without batteries (maraders are an answer to any artillery). Yes, I agree the move after attack could be buffed somewhat, but you know how annoying it is to get walkers off the bases, batteries are never experiencing this. You are underestimating this ability. Now take my disagreement and stop complaining.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

anonym551653 wrote:Nay, I totally disagree. I constantly argue in the forum comparing it to the walker it is equal, sure you can say that 10 walkers are impenetrable but you shouldn't let them get that many already, you should use maraders against them by passing through their defense (and if their defenses is too much for you you lost anyways walker or not). But now a new argument comes up about batteries comparing them to wyrms. WRONG! The wyrms suck against sapiens as they have little ways to defend them and batteries out range them. Not to mention that khraleans aren't known for their defensive abilities. So they are never a problem to sapiens when without batteries (maraders are an answer to any artillery). Yes, I agree the move after attack could be buffed somewhat, but you know how annoying it is to get walkers off the bases, batteries are never experiencing this. You are underestimating this ability. Now take my disagreement and stop complaining.

Take it easy mister anonym!
I could not find you with that username in the game, but i suspect you are not very high ranked. I have seen many of your posts and it is pretty clear that you dont have very deep knowledge on the game or gamebalance. If you think i am wrong please invite me to an unrated game and show me who you are!
On the other hand GYFU is a high ranking player (2400) so his word carry more weight.
I would advice you to show more respect when attacking a suggestion from a good player the way you did.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
anonym551653

anonym551653

I am calm WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I'M NOT CALM!!!! Jk

Look that was a failed joke. Look it's just my opinion (don't judge my knowledge on the old posts) so let's just agree to disagree,also the battery is my favorite artillery so I won't be too upset. And are you sure about the high rank, I couldn't find him/her there unless it's on another account of his/hers. Again no attempt at being rude.

Remember that tier lists can change (look at all the tier changes in smash bros) so the battery may be seen better on some other change.

Also on maps omega or star fort remix where there are few bases, you can move and attack making it so that you don't have to waste an attack to free the base.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01, 2015 16:33

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

When we changed battery cost to 650 to add the move after, I think we all pretty quickly agreed it wasn't enough improvement for the cost boost (and the intent was to improve the thing against Titans in the first place.) I continue to love the move after, it's a great tactical option that fits with sapiens, *definitely* not useless – e.g. it allows it to fire more frequently than it did before which alone is significant (firing just two extra times even just against mechas pays for the +100 cost). However it is certainly not a strong ability and did not change the match in any fundamental way. Per the balance thread I would like to see the battery boosted in some way (e.g. g. heavy 11, move after to 6, primary move to 7...) if it is to remain at 650 cost.

Allowing battery to move even one step forward and fire after would be a pretty huge change to SvT (and also require coding, which may or may not be on the table.) Not crazy but a big change.

trineroks

trineroks

I know this is an old thread, but I've always thought buffing battery heavy +1, light +1, change move-after-attack value from 4 -> 5, change battery's movement values into swamp/forest from 6 -> 5 would make the unit worth its 650 points. That way battery deals better damage to plasmas and is guaranteed a one hex move into any terrain after attack. Giving it its entire 6 points of move-after-attack might be a bit too much imo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27, 2015 22:31

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Many balance changes are coming very soon. We will communicate them within the next days. I will post the link on the forum, news and Facebook either today or tomorrow.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request