[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Race Skills
Forum Index » New Feature Request
WolfSaint

WolfSaint

This might be a bit much but just throwing an idea since the topics of no-harbor bridge & new units are up, how about a special skill in the game that costs credit but aids a particular race. Nothing too op, but still a threat to enemy races. Here is a small EXAMPLE of each...

Sapiens - Colonize...this skill allows you to build a shelter on any flat terrain that acts as a base...except it will not give additional credits. It can also however be caught by enemies so be careful

Khralean - Acid Rain...this skill makes Khral territory (anything not covered by Fog of War) have an effect similar to the infectors poison, but harms also titans. This skill lasts 3-5 turns & has a cool down of 8

Titan - Glass Bombardment...since titans are dominantly heavy units its good to have a skill to aid such units. This skill super-heats Titan territory (Fog of War) and turns all land hexspaces into plains and will turn any water touching these "glassed" lands also into plains. This has a cool down of maybe 10, and can harm enemy units by 2 (but spots enemies are on cannot be glassed)

Again, not real just an example of what I mean by race skills. Feel free to list your ideas for possible skills
[Avatar]
GreyWulf

[Avatar]
GreyWulf

I think Race Skills is a great idea. There are two posts which suggest more powers for ground troops here...

Fortifications and Air Defences:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2072.page

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2070.page

I'd be interested to know if this appeals to you, too! It is similar to your idea, but available to all races.

Here's another idea for you. Unit Promotion (through making kills) should be made easier. At the moment, it hardly has any effect, and the promoted unit gets taken out really easily. THEN, when a unit gets promotion, the player receives a choice of what skill he wants to add to the unit:
- more combat ability (as now)
- call in Glass Bombardment/Acid Rain/Colonise(or Fortification, see the link above). 'Call in' means the player can trigger the effect on a particular hex when he chooses.

WolfSaint

WolfSaint

GreyWulf wrote:I think Race Skills is a great idea. There are two posts which suggest more powers for ground troops here...

Fortifications and Air Defences:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2072.page

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2070.page

I'd be interested to know if this appeals to you, too! It is similar to your idea, but available to all races.

Here's another idea for you. Unit Promotion (through making kills) should be made easier. At the moment, it hardly has any effect, and the promoted unit gets taken out really easily. THEN, when a unit gets promotion, the player receives a choice of what skill he wants to add to the unit:
- more combat ability (as now)
- call in Glass Bombardment/Acid Rain/Colonise(or Fortification, see the link above). 'Call in' means the player can trigger the effect on a particular hex when he chooses.

Sounds interesting, but I'm thinking more oriented towards the race itself rather than the units. What I'm going for is a "war of 1812" (the British right after the revolution attack America & take DC, and to destroy the new nation burn down the capital...but a storm comes from nowhere, disorienting the troops & forcing a retreat while putting out the fire, making it technically mother nature who won the war). The American troops didn't make the storm, the American wilderness made it, so likewise I feel it should be the race itself to make the skills, not the units
[Avatar]
firstkyne

[Avatar]
firstkyne

Skills that are specific to races would be harder to quantify in order to ensure balance, but I still think there is a lot of mileage in this idea.
Forum Index » New Feature Request