[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Suggested Replay Improvements
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

[Avatar]
EnnuiGoblin

Hello everyone,
As we all know, replays have at long last arrived (at least for android players this is news) and it is fantastic! After spending considerable time with the replays and going through all of the features, I have come up with some ideas for improvements that could take the replays from good to perfect.

First the obvious stuff

- Transferable Replays: This is the key improvement that is needed right now. The ability to share select replays with other players is a sorely needed component. From watching tourney matches to just learning how to play better from others, the opportunities are limitless.

-Move by Move Control: Even at the lowest speed, the replays move pretty quickly and it can be easy to lose track of the action. By allowing the viewer the option to move forward the game one action point at a time, it will be much easier to pick up on the tactical nuances found in each move.

-Unit/Tile Selection: If it were possible to select units and tiles and observe movement and damage possibilities for each unit on the board, it will make it much easier to analyze alternate strategies that could have been used.

Those are the big three that are definitely needed to perfect the current replay experience. Here are a few of my other ideas.

-Player Fog of War POV Toggle: The ability to switch between your fog of war view and the enemy's, wold be essential for maps where visibility is important.

-Credits Per Turn Display: Just add this statistic to the war report for simplicity.

-Map Auto Center On/Off Toggle: The map centers around moving units automatically, while this can be helpful, it also can be really annoying.

Those are my thoughts for now, would love to hear ideas from others.
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for these suggestions. We are committed to make the game replay a better and simpler experience to watch & comment. We plan to implement all these features and probably much more.
Currently the 1.8.25 has
- Better visualization
- Unit by Unit Control
- FOW can be selected for each player
- KillsValue/Count/Credits displayed in info bar.
- Unit/Tile Selection
- Map Auto Center On/Off Toggle:

Later we will add:
- Transferable Replays
- Zoom on action
- HUD for stats (kill, credits, ...)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 04, 2015 01:13

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

New tournaments replays are great! I have few ideas to add some filters. While you click on tournament in game and then on view replay there is list of players which participated in this tournament, but it's hard to find players with first letter from the end of alphabet (X, W, Z etc.) or to find game that you want to watch. So my ideas are:
1. Round filter which can bring you easily to final or any other round.
2. Race filter showing only games with specific race. Sometimes player want to learn how to play better with specific race so he can easily find only game with this race.
3. Map filter to filter games played on specific map.
4. Ranking filter like in game setup when choosing map you can filter author with his score so you will see only games played by good players.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01, 2015 19:23

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

These are great ideas. We agree that there is a need to add filters there. There are coming...

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request