[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Map Pools for Ranked Games
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Bigface11

Bigface11

First off, I'm curious how far along the ranked team random games are along? I'm really looking forward to setting up ranked games with my teams! No problem if you don't know, just curious.

One thing I was wondering was how you all were going to pick maps for ranked play? Obviously, sometimes ranked maps get created with unfair advantages for certain races/team positions. So, randomly getting a map that is unfair might be a bit irritating for some (I don't even know if this is how you plan on implementing it). So, would it be practical to do something similar to the Starcraft II ladder? Each "season" a set of maps for each team amount is selected and added to a pool of possible maps. Then, when two even teams are found, they are placed into one of the maps from the pool. How hard would this be to implement and would it be something people would want? The developers (or even the community vote) could pick the maps they feel are best suited for ranked play and add them to a pool that players starting random team games would play on. You could even add a voting system where matched teams would have 3 maps from the pool to vote on. A voting system would tell the developers which maps people liked and which ones to remove from the pool.

Any thoughts?
--Bigface

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22, 2015 16:43

Forum Index » New Feature Request