[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khral vs. Khral - How to stop Swarmer spam?
Forum Index » Khraleans
Unitoch

Unitoch

In Khralean vs. Khralean battles, I've had this tried against me, and tried it against others, and I've yet to see the strategy lose. Basically, build Swarmers almost every chance you get, possibly with an Infector in a safe spot to help heal. Once somebody has a 3-4 on the board, it's very difficult to counter.

There's only three units that can hit them sufficiently - Garudas, Wyrms, and Swarmers. Every time I've tried Garudas, 3-4 Swarmers will mass and combine to take out each Garuda. Meanwhile, when I attack, I get dinged a little bit every time, which adds up and makes it that much easier for the Swarmers to take it down. Wyrms are both vulnerable and difficult to protect.

So far, the best defense I've found is to counter with the same strategy. I've never gotten this far into a battle, but I suppose after ~10 full strength swarmers, better to add a couple Garudas and a Wyrm in there when you can finally protect them.

But this feels a bit cheeseball. Is there a better/more efficient counter?
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Just build swarmers. All day long. Swarm swarm swarm. Boring but works. Worst matchup of the game. Devs are working on making it better!
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

If there's water, levis can compete here (depending on layout and positioning of course). You can also try using small numbers of Garuda around the edges (protecting them from too many swarmers hitting them in counter-strike). Bases can help with this (swarmers can only move two spaces if there is a base in the way).

In terms of fighting swarm vs. swarm well, look up the post on here about ranged gang-up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28, 2015 21:46

amidama

amidama

Just spam swarmers. no other ways really...

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

*Cough Cough pinzers Pinzers Pinzers PINZERS Cough Cough*

I'm kind of surprised to see a 2015 post here

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03, 2016 06:54

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I was wondering the exact same thing.

I have found though that it is map dependent. After being destroyed by a Swarmer storm I thought I'll try that. What I found was if the map is small and/or the credits per turn is right then Garudas can eat into the swarm before it gets going and there's nowhere for them to run and hide.

Bigger maps swarmers always seem to annihilate the Garuda player and its usually too late to change tactic.

Pinzers though are very effective unless the swarm has got really big, wish I had worked that out sooner!
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Will be interesting to watch needle/Evr tourny final KvK

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Selexcis

Selexcis

i think most experienced players will agree in the KvK tourney who have survived this far, will agree (that in map 1 and 2), a safely spawned garuda (that is not in range of an enemy swarmer) works very well when used in conjunction with other swarmers that are being used as blockers. The occasional underling that blocks an important flight path is also well worth a 100 credits. I found players who built only swarmers and neglected early underlings or garudas were overpowered quite easily. This agrees with a previous post that observed that smaller maps support garudas,
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

Here you can watch why Swarmer is better than garuda if you know how to play correctly:
Swarmer tutorial

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

ghorezur

ghorezur

I am happy that this does not apply anymore borfly and salamander can be use to efectibly counter swarmer spam (depending on the map)
keymaster2

keymaster2

even with the gang up bonus with a pinzer on a plain tile would only deal 1 damage to the pinzer.only problem with pinzer is the fact it only deals around 4 damage at full healt.if there are lots of swarmers,1 6hp swarmer won't make any difference. also pinzers are expensive and will be hard to use in maps with mountains
sparadrap

sparadrap

For me, against swarmers you need swarmer with some borfly. and against garuda the salamanders are very effective
Forum Index » Khraleans