[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Can't play through cellular Network
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
Hachiman

Hachiman

Ever since Tuesday I am unable to log in to my cuurent games unless I am connected to a wireless network.

Before Tuesday I was able to.

I open the game, select current games - it says its logging in for a while (with the bar moving), then it just freezes (the bar stops moving). No error message. The x button lower right does not work, but pressing the physical home button of the iphone will exit the application.

If I am connected to wireless it works fine.
troughlollie

troughlollie

I have been suffering this problem too, is this something which is 3.0 related?
rolando

rolando

Strange... but not everyone is having this problem.

which device are you playing on?
troughlollie

troughlollie

I am playing on an 8GB iPhone running 3.0, if it helps I am in Australia using a phone locked to the Optus network (who admitedly have pretty crappy data coverage, but all other data functions work on the phone).
Hachiman

Hachiman

I am playing on an 8GB iPhone running 3.0, if it helps I am in Australia using a phone locked to the Optus network (who admitedly have pretty crappy data coverage, but all other data functions work on the phone).

Same.
troughlollie

troughlollie

You are with Optus too? I really hope this isn't a carrier issue as I really dig being able to take a few turns in between activities at work
rolando

rolando

That could be it....

How many current games do you have in your list? Was it a smaller number before Tuesday?
troughlollie

troughlollie

I am not sure, it's not more than two screens worth, but will check when I get home.

I am fairly certain that I have had this many previously and been able to log in over Cell network. Also I am not sure when it began, I think it was this week, but can't be sure it wasn't happening last week.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I've had various amounts of games. Probably on average more. I'll try not starting any more as I finish.

I played all day on Monday without wireless, but then this problem started first time I tried to connect without wireless on Tuesday.

I think I upgraded to 3.0 on the weekend before, but it could have been the weekend before that.

If it is a carrier problem, why would other services like email, GPS etc work fine without wireless?
rolando

rolando

Try the new update and see if that helps.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I will try next time I am away from wifi and update if no joy.
Hachiman

Hachiman

The issue seems to have resolved after downloading 1.0.3 for me ... I love this game!
Anonymous

Anonymous
It all seems to work now, so it must have been some interaction with the new firmware and the old version of the app. Thanks for the support Rolando
[Avatar]
PintOfAle

[Avatar]
PintOfAle

Was going to post a new thread, but found this one...

My phone is doing this right now! It's frozen saying 'Getting current games' and the lower right X button does not respond. Latest version of iPhone software (3.01 on 8Gb 3G hardware on AT&T in US), latest version of the game software (1.0.4). The home button successfully exited the application.

I have had a lot of trouble over the last few days with getting 'A network error has occured', and have had to hit the retry button a lot, including some periods where I couldn't connect at all.

Let me know if there is any additional information I can give you.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I get the above quite a bit too. 'network error' seems to happen quite a bit when your network access changes (eg move from wireless to cellular only or vice versa) during your turn. The game seems not to recognise that it can still connect, just not the way it could when you started your turn.

Not a game breaker, but moderatley annoying when moving around the house into and out of wireless range.
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions