[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Unit BALANCE changes
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Dear UniWarriors,

We are excited to share with you our proposal of changes to the units. It will be applied on November 22nd, just before the launch of the Khraleans Vs Khraleans tournament.
We are open to revisions and encourage everyone to comment on this thread. Please be as constructive as possible. Keep in mind that not everyone might be as knowledgeable as you on the game. Please respect other players opinion.

Balance Patch

The proposed changes are inspired by the public survey. They have been actively reviewed and approved by a small committee. We want to give a special thank to 'Kroeger' for his dedication in analyzing the survey and coming with numerous suggestions. Without him, this patch would not have been the same and not ready in time.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 14, 2015 20:56

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

The main problems of race imbalances are not solved.

These changes are pushing the game to a more primitive solutions. It is well seen that these changes are made by inexperienced players. Tactic combinations are not counted. Only linear primitive solutions are stimulated.

Outcome:
1. The balance is still no there. In some situations the balance become even worse
2. Gameplay became more primitive
3. In general it will change nothing for UniWar.

It is better not to change anything then make this changes. Most players will not notice anything. For those few who understand the essence of gameplay, these changes are insignificant against the background of a much more serious imbalance. You change a fly, but do not notice the elephant. I know you want to praise you, instead of criticizing. Believe me, I would like to praise you, but not for that. You can delete this post if want, I will not be offended.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 14, 2015 22:44

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
earth

[Avatar]
earth

Hi Xavi,

Great to see some movement in attributes to some of the units.

Overall I look forward to trying these on the field of battle to truly test, it will certainly make some of the dynamics more interesting in terms of spicing up certain scenarios.

As you probably know generally it is fair to say Saps are the strongest race due to their versatility. Therefore whilst in the main they seem to gets lots of uplifts, I would advise:

1. Do not implement battery moving after attack from 4 to 7, this would be an extremely powerful unit, baring in mind other changes; if you really want to increase I would not recommend going higher than 5.

Wyrm as many know is a great troop to have in your army, it already devastates sap helicopters therefore I recommend

2. Leave Wyrm as is, it is already a devastating unit against air for its price, wider changers to Khrals will help to mix up some of the KvK scenarios

Finally bit of feedback is around timing of introducing

3. If possible can you implement changes so start for new rounds of existing tourneys, understand this may require delaying starts dates of next rounds of tourneys, however will hopefully avoid complaints if implemented halfway though an existing tournament.

Hopefully you will take this feedback on board, I know it will be hard to get a consensus, hence all other changes I think time will tell.

Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to feedback on this and listening.

Cheers

Earth

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14, 2015 22:45

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Talone, I see criticism but no counter proposition. Criticizing is easy but changing things is harder but that's where the real effort is.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

xavi wrote:Talone, I see criticism but no counter proposition. Criticizing is easy but changing things is harder but that's where the real effort is.

The question is not what is harder. The question is what will be better for UniWar balance. You want to make hard work or you want to make balance more better?

If second is main for you then just not make 90% of this changes or better 100%. Without this changes UniWar is better. But if you want harder way and dont want to listen expert then ok, you are the boss and you can do what YOU want. As i said you even can delete my posts not to spoil your celebration.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Great changes! First of all, the sapiens changes: v hallelujah!!! I agree with all the changes. Even marauder. That was overpowered before. Probably going to need to lower tank stats a bit if this is to work

Second of all, the Titans. The mecha change was great, the plasma and eclipse were cool too. I think the eclipse should have lower vs infantry as an exchange.

Khrals, the pinzer and swarmer were great changes. The wyrm didn't really need the changes, the levation did. All in all, good job!

The -1 against ground heavy might not be a good idea, marauder and speeders can and will spam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16, 2015 20:17

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, I think he marines should get something. Now they really need something to compare to the other units.
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

Excited to test some of these out! I agree that some may be drastic, but in either case testing would prove further results

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

It is hard for me to write in english so only one example. You make tanks cheaper. For WHAT? To use tanks against titan? Do you realy think that more cheaper tanks will help saps against titans? I now that all newbees will think so. To make a lot off cheap tanks with the help of new more mobile artillery and attack titan - this is what i sayed about primitive linear solution that you stimulate. But it will not work against strong titan player. So pro players know that sap use against titans HELICOPTERS and marauders, artilery only help but not the main part of sap antititan strategy. What is the main enemy of helicopters? Eclipse! But you make eclipse cheaper so titan will get aditonal very main edvantage.

And you make marauders not to kill assimilator with one strike. So this two changes will make sap-titan balance worse, not better, you spoil tactically interesting solutions with helicopters, but stimulate more primitive, ugly and boring solutions with tanks. Beauty leaves UniWar. So WHY we should do this? Doing just to do something? Rhetorical question.

I can say a lot about every point but i know that it is useless. The player with the experience of six months - to you more authority.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 14, 2015 23:33

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, probably should give the battery a new paint job. It will be very appreciated. Along with the tank thing, I think the tanks stats should be reduced except defense, so they aren't so overpowered
[Avatar]
saradav

[Avatar]
saradav

The main ones I see a problem with are the changes to swarmers. Their defense was already almost nil, and it takes a ton of them a long time to do much damage to heavy ground units already...
[WWW]
[Avatar]
saradav

[Avatar]
saradav

Also, the cost of the plasma tanks already made them more rare than other units. It doesn't seem very good to lower their ability against air
[WWW]
[Avatar]
saradav

[Avatar]
saradav

I don't like the change to the wyrm vs ground heavy units, because it's defense is so low, this could make it even harder to get into a place to hit from safely
[WWW]
[Avatar]
saradav

[Avatar]
saradav

Sorry about the multiple replies- brain is fried from helping daughter with a school project today, and I had to take it bit by bit.
[WWW]
VENHEADs

VENHEADs

Though i am not a prodigy player let me put my 50 cents

1) To be honest I see no reason to make any changes in balance. Even survey's result on main shows that all 3 variants are about the same percentage. Does it make sense to make 6 avaliable choices? Which matchup is unbalanced and for which race? Right now i see that TvsKh is unbalanced - but to whom? Anf if we received 60% that is is unb for sap anf 40$ for Kh - whan we need to do?

2) If the reason of update is to raise up an interest - i do not think it is a proper mean of doing that

3) There is a bunch of players playing really well. For average person the reason of defeat to this prodigy - is no skill difference - but overpower of other's person race

4) I do not think it is for good to implement all this change for the whole band of players. Is there any way to make a test server?

Besr regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15, 2015 00:17

Forum Index » General Discussion