[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
few things that would allow to win easier
Forum Index » Bug Reports
amidama

amidama

(i will tell how to use it to admins/moderators, to prevent everyone else from using it)

I just won a game against somebody with a score of 2300+ (yeah, im proud)
Im just playing for few days and of course it would be possible without some cheating
During that game I found two ways that in total gave me an advantage of about 30% of an army.
I didnt see anything similar in texts in game or forum so far, so i guess its a "loophole" or "bug"
Game version is 1.8.47

And some bad news: aparently there is no easy fix for it, if i understand it correctly.
And im pretty sure that if Ive found it during my 20 games some people from torunaments did it too.

P.S. I want to say sorry to that guy. he plays really well and even with this I barely was able to win

Hakumen
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Are you talking about turn redo?
amidama

amidama

basicly yes

Hakumen
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

redo turn is not a bug.. or a feature for tha matter.. its more a consequence that the game upload the whole turn when you push the end button. until that point the result is in your device and it is possible to remove or owerwrite the data cache to get a new download from the server.
Redo turn can be done either with uninstall/reinstall, delete game data, or the most common - just log off/on between 2 different accounts (yes, its possible to have more than 1 account)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
amidama

amidama

there are more ways of doing it
But anyway, if its quite strange if its considered normal
it does give game advantage from one side and its enourmously increase the time needed to finish the turn from another
example for 10 attacking units and 2 options per unit:
>10 actions for normal game
>100 just for order changing
>10 000 000 with turn redo

This number is amount of checks required to check the whole tree of decisions.
Bigger the tree that youve checked - more chances that you will find a branch, where you are stronger

and aparently even more people know about it than i though, if the first comment was correct
what mean that its essential for everyone for rank. am I wrong?

Hakumen
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

amidama wrote:there are more ways of doing it
But anyway, if its quite strange if its considered normal
it does give game advantage from one side and its enourmously increase the time needed to finish the turn from another
example for 10 attacking units and 2 options per unit:
>10 actions for normal game
>100 just for order changing
>10 000 000 with turn redo

This number is amount of checks required to check the whole tree of decisions.
Bigger the tree that youve checked - more chances that you will find a branch, where you are stronger

and aparently even more people know about it than i though, if the first comment was correct
what mean that its essential for everyone for rank. am I wrong?

I dont understand what you mean by normal...? I told you that as long as the whole turn is uploaded to the server at the end it will always be ways to redo a turn before upload. Perhaps you meant that since it is not advertised as much and possibly not all players know about it?

It is possible that there will be a change to upload move-by-move later.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29, 2015 12:27

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
amidama

amidama

as for me there is a quick workaround. at the beginning of the turn send a random number representing this particular try. then if turn data is destroyed somehow, and new attemt is made, new random number will be generated and send to the server.

It will not stop people from using it, but will clearly show who are using it and who are not.
for example bad connection may force user to try again few times a day.
but heavy redo using will cause a few attempts per turn.

and yes, i mean that there are some easier way of destroying data than reinstall/logoff/delete file

and even with the turn redo is prohibited, order changing still allow a significant boost.

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

"I dont understand what you mean by normal...?"
if it does give a game advantage, and there is no way to control it - its normal.

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

And aparently my account is banned from connecting the game...
I guess thats my profit for bug reporting, hehe

You are welcome!

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

Ah, no, looks like its just a well timed coincidence.
Its just a server problem. probably im not banned, hooray!

Hakumen
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

amidama wrote:as for me there is a quick workaround. at the beginning of the turn send a random number representing this particular try. then if turn data is destroyed somehow, and new attemt is made, new random number will be generated and send to the server.

It will not stop people from using it, but will clearly show who are using it and who are not.
for example bad connection may force user to try again few times a day.
but heavy redo using will cause a few attempts per turn.

and yes, i mean that there are some easier way of destroying data than reinstall/logoff/delete file

and even with the turn redo is prohibited, order changing still allow a significant boost.

you will ofc get the same randoms when you start the turn again... the only expliot is that you can scout and try multiple variations of attacks to maximize the randoms

[Email]
amidama

amidama

It is enough to change a single action at the beginning od the turn to get completely new set of randoms, isnt it? or is it predetermined sequence that is spent when unit attacks?

Anyway, being able to waste bad luck on a overkill shots and collect the good luck for a single turn kill of a healthly unit does work with the same randoms, but still is a good bonus even if random sequence is the same.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the random apply to the attacks.. not movement or other actions

[Email]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Amidama if you look in the forum you'll find more details about this. Basically the strength / weakness of your attacks is already set. So yes you can try all your attacks to see how they line up, then reset and maximize the damage. But it's so much work to do this. I can't speak for anyone else but I use it for really tricky turns, or often at the end of a turn I'll realize I missed something important.

Ultimately good strategy will defeat this. If you are beating top ranked players, then you are just good. Trust me they also know about turn redo.
amidama

amidama

I would say that an ordinary player can win against a good player if first is using turn redo + damage sequence checkup and second is not (but we cant test it, right?)

personaly I think i wouldnt have better win/loose ratio than 0.5 (now its about 0.64) and im absolutely sure would fail that fight against 2300+.
[added: looks like i did win each and every battle after i found it (9 so far?)
and before that my ratio was something like 0.54. I dont think I grow in skill that fast]

the only question is that, as you mentioned, its extremely time consuming.
And if its a well known topic(i.e. everyone is using it silently), then the battle (with proper units, without bad mistakes) is just a comparison of time spent per player.

tactic itself doesnt give such advantage because tactic is similar
strategy is reduced to selection of two type of units and capturing a single base and doesnt change things much

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30, 2015 10:10

Hakumen
Forum Index » Bug Reports