[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
why players dont surrender
Forum Index » General Discussion
amidama

amidama

Personally i find it hard to win after a 300-500 credits difference in "units killed" in credits.
I mean that it happen because of some mistake, and oppopents army is mostly healthly
But players tend to continue the game even after 1500 difference. I think its simply impossible to gain back such dissadvantage in most cases.
For example right now I have 3 games with 2000 or more difference (its just maddness)

And most players dont answer anything to whatever I say to them...

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a polite way to say something like this? :
- "hey, guy, just give up already, its not possible to get a 1500 credits back"

Hakumen
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

In tournaments matches are mirrored. If a player is winning the match on the one that favors him and then losing the other it comes down to who wins in fewer rds. Thus, it is very important to practice stalling for as long as possible. That being said some players just dont like to surrender even if it is hopeless. Nothing you can do about it, part of the game. Plus, its up to them.
Abie

Abie

Agreed. I played a game for an extra day simply because my opponent didn't want to surrender, and I was up by like 3,000 credits.

In tournaments, it is about who can stall longer. If you can stall longer, you can win. This often happens in mirrored tournament games.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Sometimes it's fun to mass up a huge army. Surrendering takes away the joy of that.
[Avatar]
Neiko

[Avatar]
Neiko

It also depends on the map and unit composition. If it's on a map with good defensive positions and their units are not optimal for ending the game right there, you can play smart and makeup that defecit and eventually possibly push back out.

This is not most cases though, as it is map specific and based on what the enemy builds for you to have a chance to defend smart and pull back in the game.

In game name is the same as here "Neiko".
Long time Starcraft/Advance wars player before coming to Uniwar. I also try to make balanced maps, so feel free to check out my maps in game and provide me feedback
amidama

amidama

as soon as you are 1.5k down (or 1 base with equal score) there is no way to recover.
(if its not a time for a massive retalience at the same turn). doesnt matter how smart you are.

Hakumen
Forum Index » General Discussion