[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Rated Map system suggestions
Forum Index » General Discussion
Abie

Abie

New System on how to make a map RATED:

I think the whole system needs to be changed on how to consider a map as rated.
Currently the only way a map gets to “rated” status, is with a thumbs up or thumbs down by both players after it is played.

What I think the developers should do is have testing system for a map. The system should be used on only a few maps at a time, and be used for random games.

Here is how I think the testing should go:
1. A map like Dead Monk is played
2. One race combo (out of 9) is selected
3. At the conclusion of the game, both players have to rate the map
4. Once the map has been played 3-5 times with EACH of the 9 race combinations after the testing phase, it can then be determined whether the map should be rated or unrated.

In this system, I think the developers should choose only a few maps at a time to test.

Depending on each players rating, should determine how much that their vote will count towards the fairness of the map.
When a player selects the “like” or “thumbs up” button, then there vote should towards the fairness of the map in a way such as the following:

1) 1750-2100 – 1 vote
2) 2100-2300 – 2 votes
3) 2300-3000 – 3 votes

Other relevant info:
Only a few maps should be tested at a time. The maps that are selected should be selected by admins, and should be reasonably fair maps.
No player should be able to rate the same map more than one or two times. If they play it twice, then they can’t rate the same combination of races.
In order to be rated as fair, the map needs to be rated at least 5 times from players rated over 2200.
High rated players who are not scheduled for random games should be given a random game anyway just to test and rate the map. This should be done only for map testing and nothing else.

I mentioned 9 race combos before, they are as follows:
KvK
SvS
TvT
KvS & SvK (Where both races can go first)
TvS & SvT
TvK & KvT

Everyone please post suggestions. There probably should be tweaks to these suggestions. The developers would have to look closer.
amidama

amidama

voting will be proportional to rating, yes. (admin did mention it)
map voting system will need lots of coding and admin is too busy doing shop for the game, so most likely it will not be done

Hakumen
amidama

amidama

my bad. race combination mark for the map is already implemented.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We will take the time to improve the system. I confirm that a better rating system will be available this month.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that 2000s should get 3 votes and 2300s 5 votes, they know a LOT more than 1700s.
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

Why not 1700 get 1 vote and for every 100 point above 1700 is an extra vote?

MasterYoda
atest

atest

I agree that KvS is different from SvK.... but I don't understand how a map can be balanced for KvS and not for SvK

I think a that there should be 6 different "badges" a map could get for the 6 different combinations, so a map could for example get the KvS and the SvS map meaning it is rated for thouse match ups and unrated for all others.

I do however agree that there should be a sufficient amount of votes from both SvK and KvS as humans prone to blame losses on maps and victories on their own skill

I would however prefere to use the accuall win/loss ratio of the map or update the ELO formular so winning on an unfair map gives more points and loosing on on an unfair map looses you less (See http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2272.page)
amidama

amidama

in som cases SvK can stop the K from capturing his bases, but KvS is okay because swarmer is weak and cant kill a infantry for example.

Hakumen
Abie

Abie

atest wrote:I agree that KvS is different from SvK.... but I don't understand how a map can be balanced for KvS and not for SvK

I think a that there should be 6 different "badges" a map could get for the 6 different combinations, so a map could for example get the KvS and the SvS map meaning it is rated for thouse match ups and unrated for all others.

I do however agree that there should be a sufficient amount of votes from both SvK and KvS as humans prone to blame losses on maps and victories on their own skill

I would however prefere to use the accuall win/loss ratio of the map or update the ELO formular so winning on an unfair map gives more points and loosing on on an unfair map looses you less (See http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2272.page)

I think maps should be rated only for certain matchups, maybe it is fair for KvS, but not equal for SvT. This idea isn't so bad.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 07, 2016 03:41

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Abie wrote:
  atest wrote:I agree that KvS is different from SvK.... but I don't understand how a map can be balanced for KvS and not for SvK

I think maps should be rated only for certain matchups, maybe it is fair for KvS, but not equal for SvT. This idea isn't so bad.

There are some rated maps where certain combos are not ballanced. I was on one last month where titan first was a garanteed win (vs any others) but T second (and any other first was ballanced.

There's another rated game where if K is first it's a garanteed win (see folks starting rated versions of this one all the time as K) but if K was second it's a ballanced map.

So you do need all 9 catagories.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion