[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Championship tournaments
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

This post is for discussions on championship tournaments
- ladder/league
- rules
- maps
- problems
- gratulations to winners
etc etc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10, 2016 08:53

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
he3bahhui

he3bahhui

I disagree with rules of championships.

As exemple my battle in championship of february.
HE3BAHHUI VS PREDATOR666

I want to appeal of a decision this battle!

The battle play in the diffrent rate.

One of the battle I win on 13 turn.
In the other battle turn was max long. The game was slow. And the time was over on 12 turn by my opponent. He have technical win. And as soon as it have 12 turn, he win the round.

And i have only one quastion. Why win = technical win on point? Because not the fact that my opponent will able to win if the time was unlimited.

Sorry for my english...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12, 2016 06:49

[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

I posted sugestion on sync both games to avoid such sittuations, and also to avoid last turn advantage when time is out.
But Xavi don't have time to implement this

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

My opponent is winning. Can we get a do-over? He would probably agree just ummmm don't ask him
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

he3bahhui wrote:I disagree with rules of championships.

And i have only one quastion. Why win = technical win on point? Because not the fact that my opponent will able to win if the time was unlimited.

Sorry for my english...

As i answered you in chat: if a game not played to an end was less worth than a game to finish normal - you would not remove the incentive for some players to manipulate time.
Players would then delay the game they where losing (today they are delaying the game they are winning)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
he3bahhui

he3bahhui

But you can write FAQ, i am a new gamer and i didn't know about that...
drumstep

drumstep

It's in the tournament rules on uniwar.com
he3bahhui

he3bahhui

No, it's hole in rules...
drumstep

drumstep

It's an imperfect system, but it is the way the rules say it will happen with the win conditions layed out as they are. Each game is treated individually. If each player has one win the round is decided by which player won in fewer rounds. Ideally both games would be finished and this would be a fair judgement, but tournaments already take several months, so a time restriction is necessary. Therefore, it is in a players best interest to make a winning game play as few rounds as possible, so they stall on that one and play quickly in the other one to get the winning game to take fewer rounds. Making finished games count more than unfinished games would just reverse this. Suppose I am beating you in one game enough to get a total victory in 25 rounds. I play really fast on that game and achieve that, but leave the other game many rounds behind and stop it from finishing because you would be able to win in 23 and win the match. If the finished game counts more, I win, even though you would have won if both games could finish. The only way to stop someone from playing for time is to keep the round numbers even by stalling in the opposite game they are and playing quickly in the game they want to stall.
he3bahhui

he3bahhui

Hmmm... But I find some hole more.

If player A in some turn take base player B or player A take more basws than player B.
Every turn incomings player A much more than player B. So player A could more heavy casualties. And if game off, Player A will be win.

But if player B after some turn lose base, and his kill less than player B, he lose...

But on this turn he take more money and his chance of win more than player B....
ElPresidente

ElPresidente

This is probably a really dumb question but how do I find upcoming tournaments and how do I join one. I couldn't figure it out by browsing through the app.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've always disliked the tournament draw rules. It basically means you should play lost games to the bitter end. Which is not only depressing but tedious... very tedious on big maps. (Can you imagine the chess equivalent, a grandmaster wandering his lone king round the board forcing his opponent to mate him with rook and king). You should never be punished for resigning a lost game, you've already lost don't make it worse.

I would much rather the draws be decided on something like credits of casualties difference. I.E. the difference between the number of credits total I spent on units that have been killed vs the credits my opponent spent on his vanquished units.

Once a player has got into a losing situation they are going to start losing more and more units, while the winning player can recycle their wounded so loses less. Casualty difference would encourage players to quit quickly once they had no hope of winning which would reduce the overall time it takes to run tournaments. In close games it would be the player that won in the most efficient manner too which seems better to encourage than someone that can drag out a game.
ElPresidente

ElPresidente

So I entered the July 16 tourney. It says it started but I don't see any game in my list of current games. Am I doing something wrong?
ElPresidente

ElPresidente

And now I see my id in the list but it says promoted to round 2. What does that mean
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

ElPresidente wrote:And now I see my id in the list but it says promoted to round 2. What does that mean

It means that you will play in round 2.

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

Forum Index » Tournaments