[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
new strategies for combating the krals
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I now find it difficult to combat krals as they'll heal 2 hp and deal little damage to helis, which will even out kral's aerial casualties, plus fighting their numbers will eventually be a defeat in a way, is there a new strategy against them?

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Marines, and a whole lot of them. Use marauder vs swarmers. Use helicopters in conjunction with marauder. Don't use marauders vs garuda. I guess people did that before the update, but now its a recipe for disaster. If you can eventually pull out enough batteries, you've pretty much won.

Popular strategies;
Garuda spam: I don't usually see this, but on some maps I do. The best thing to do is use a whole lot of infantry and helicopters. Use infantry to weaken garuda as much as possible. And if they aren't already dead then use the helicopter to kill them. Don't let them heal to much

Swarmer spam: sometimes people just build as many swarmers as possible. To counter this use maruaders and helicopters. Weaken with helicopters and finish them off with maruader.

Swarmers and pinzers: same as swarmer spam, use helicopters to knock down pinzers. Make sure you avoid hitting them with marauder

Garuda and pinzers; same as garuda spam but your gonna need more helicopters if they pull out a wyrm, kill it with a maruader. Same with an infectors.

Underling and swarmers and wyrm: OK, so the underling is obviously shielding the swarmer who are shielding the wyrm. Hit the underling with helicopters, and swoop out of range. And use marauders to kill the swarmers and then the wyrm. If you can't afford that, then just use some maruader to go around the swarmers and weaken the wyrm. DO NOT attack wyrm with helis unless you know what your doing, most often its not a good exchange. Or you could build up your own shield and then a battery.

In forest maps, always take advantage of infantry. Always. Mountains are the best

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14, 2016 11:21

Abie

Abie

Playing as Sapiens, I have pretty much solved Khr almost perfectly. in my last 20-30 games as S in SvK I hardly ever lose. I would say I win this matchup 95% of the time.

Assuming that the opponent gets Garuda and Swarmers then The strategy is to get 2-3 marauders, 2-3 marines and 2-3 copters. Even if K throws in Underlings this strategy still works. When you kill an enemy unit, the best way to do it is kill it is with a marine. It's the only unit you have of the 3 that you can't move after attack with. Using a copter to attack and take away life is good, especially with the move after attack. Use the marauder to attack, then retreat back. The opposing unit should be down to very little hp by now. Then use the marine to finish off the unit.

The marine comes in and finishes off the unit, but what is crucially important here is that the marine is in front. The K player can't counter you and take away the same credits you can take away. They have to destroy the marine first. Then they ca. Go after your marauder or copter in the same turn. Because of at marine they can't do it. The marine being in front is CRUCIAL. You will have destroyed a Garuda for 350 credits and lost only 100, giving u a 250 credit advantage. Or 150 if it's a Swarmer.

After 8-12 turns your units can become exhausted, so you stop getting the marauders and cooters. Instead you should get more marines and engineers. Get 2 engineers around the helicopters and heal them. Then the copters are now once again ready for combat.

This strategy for me has almost never failed. The real challenge comes when you face off against a pinzer tank or a Wyrm. Those opponents I can beat, but they give me a much harder time.
Pento

Pento

And what do you do nowadays, after the rollout of salamander , Borfly and a stronger swarmer?
Redfog

Redfog

Borfly does not really seem relevant to me when playing S. I hardly ever build tanks against Khral due to their lack of AA damage. Also they are really easily countered with helicopters and marauders can easily dodge them by falling back after the attack. Salamanders can be a pain in the *** but they are not really as strong as it might seem. If there is a healing pad, try to make good use of it. Also an engineer might me a good option. Whatever your choice, try to split your units (infected/healthy) and you'll be golden. And don't fight them in swamp if you don't have to. That's about it. If you want some examples feel free to invite me to a SvK game
Pento

Pento

Hm, an experienced krahl player knows how to defend a Borfly easily. And to kill those defended little 200 bug units it costs quite some effort and costs normally more credits than you can destroy.

And infection is a real pain. Kills the whole defense and takes lots of options for attack because you are busy with healing your units.

Redfog

Redfog

yes, I have to agree, an experienced player will know how to protect them but on the other hand they don't have a lot of value if they are just sitting behind their frontline and can't hit any targets. As I said, feel free to invite me, maybe either you can show me how a Borfly can be op or I can show you how to deal with them. It's the best way to learn anyway

Edit: learn, not earn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04, 2017 16:59

Pento

Pento

Hi, I just invited you, as far as your game-Nick is redfrog.
Pento

Pento

Anyone else has a good strategy vs Khral?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Pento wrote:Anyone else has a good strategy vs Khral?

Surrender for victory is not possible against the swarm
Pento

Pento

Perhaps I should spam the swarm and beat them with their own weapons.
Forum Index » Sapiens