[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome
Forum Index » General Discussion
gspy

gspy

Uniwar was/[is?] a great game
I don't know if you have a marketing department but for sure something is wrong.
In order to PAY for undo turns is at least lame.
So, the more you pay ... the more you advance. Great.
I;m player for many years (paid version!) and i will pay again and again.
But NOT in the current situation.
The evolution of the Uniwar game was slow. there were millions channels for income but there were not utilized. This is totally your mistake.
And NOW, the undo feature (an ambiguous feature from the community feedback) is a paid feature.

Thanks for ruining my favorite mobile game.

PS: just the reason why is a different thread. My issue is not the UNDO. My issue is the paid undo on top of the paid game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24, 2016 18:42

Tarbh

Tarbh

I agree.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Hiya

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. I'm not a member of the development team but I am a very active member of the community. And a very big fan of this game.

Now, secondly, and most importantly. This is available as a paid feature - yes - but it is also available for free.

At the bottom of this post I will tell you step by step how to have free turn redo. It IS very easy and I have been using it over the past month. I probably do 20 turn redos a day. That method still exists, and isn't going away any time soon. So please understand that to me, having a button that I can click instead of the old way is a huge convenience, definitely worth some money for me.

Next, there are a lot of pros and cons to be discussed about whether turn redo is in general a good idea. Apparently that discussion has gone on a long time, and personally I am glad I can redo my turns. In some ways it is not ideal, granted. But give it a try playing with it a while before you make up your mind.

***So, with that all said, here is how to redo your turns for free:
1. Play as normal with your main acct until you realize you need a turn redo.
2. Return to Main lobby. Log out of your account.
3. Log in with your alternate account (you will have to create this account the first time, of course. This process is quick and easy).
4 log out of alternate account.
5. Log in with primary account. Your turns are now all reset.

If you have any questions about this process feel free to send me an invite in game.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Turn redo is a NECESSARY feature.

One day we removed it. It didn't take a day to receive an overwhelming number of requests to bring it back.

We thought a lot about allowing vs not allowing turn redo. We believe that it is much better to have the redo to allows players to fix their mistakes rather than being unforgiven. It might give a slight advantage but it will NOT transform the strategy of an average player into an expert. It will not tell you which unit to buy and so on... We see that more as a convenience than a game changer.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

gspy wrote:
PS: just the reason why is a different thread. My issue is not the UNDO. My issue is the paid undo on top of the paid game.

I an totally agree with you, comrad.

If I buy this game from 4$, why I paid for my convenience else 13$!? It's triple more expensive than the game itself!
Aren't you interested that people feel comfortable to play your game?

Devs makes a button UNDO for the price of 1$, but who already buy this game button must be free.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

fobos_rus wrote:
  gspy wrote:

I an totally agree with you, comrad.

If I buy this game from 4$, why I paid for my convenience else 13$!? It's triple more expensive than the game itself!

Devs makes a button UNDO for the price of 1$, but who already buy this game button must be free.

If Xavi goes to the trouble of adding new features to his game, do you feel like you should never have to pay for them?

If he comes up with art work, sounds, and performs testing for new units or new races and wants to be reimbursed financially for that work, would you pay for that?

I bet a lot of new features have been added since you laid down your $4. How many have you paid for???

Now, go play clash of clans. Where everything is locked until you spend $100 or play for years. With no strategical depth or decisions. Yet those developers have piles of money they can swim in.

Xavi spends his personal time developing this turn redo button, and you want him to hand it out for free? Well, sorry to say but that isn't how capitalism or the rest of the world works.

In some ways I can understand your frustration. But mostly it just makes me angry. This game is amazing compared to most of the total garbage out there. And it seems like no one wants to support the game financially.

Nothing was taken away with the introduction of this button. Nothing. Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.

It's very simple.
gspy

gspy

Duaneski wrote:
If Xavi goes to the trouble of adding new features to his game, do you feel like you should never have to pay for them?

If he comes up with art work, sounds, and performs testing for new units or new races and wants to be reimbursed financially for that work, would you pay for that?
Nothing was taken away with the introduction of this button. Nothing. Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.

It's very simple.

I appriciate all replies
My post was intended to be a critical view on the "marketing" decission because this was a marketing decision that got me upset and nothing else.

@Duaneski
You realy don't get it.
I have a huge respect to the devs and of course they need to make money. I'm working in the field, so let me now better!

But from your replay ... you just don;t get it or you are too young to get it.
As for the COC example again you don;t get it. i'm sorry. probably you never played the game.
If you carefully read my post i don;t have problem with the addons that are offerend as long as they don't affect the outcome of the battles.
The UNDO is one that affects the outcome. The colors or the extra archived games are not.

As it concerns the "paid once" and "pay again" for the extra materials that you mentioned etc ... yes sure. Just be carefull because this is the exact reason why many games from success become fails in the app market places. And believe me. The defacto in the kind of games paid-once in advance (and uniwar was not the cheapest game at the time) is that you don;t expect to pay more except if there is something like uniwar 2. Uniwar had too slow evolution in the years that can not justify the "re-purchase" of the game. Maybe when the cutsom maps features were introduced were the appropriate time. This is another discussion.

You mentioned Xavi and you made it personal. What i see in my critic is a game and a "company" that offers it. This is not personal and for sure this thread is not supposed to be about Xavi or anyone. If you think you helped with your replay ... believe me, this is what i believe uniwar missed all this years and what is holding the game from being a huge global success. To move from an "indie" game to just a game. With a support from a "team/company" that will involve it instead of the "guys" just "improving" and "mainteining" the game and just strangle to create an income.

gspy

gspy

As it concerns the switching of the accounts for the undo i considering this a "bug/cheat/why the hell is not fixed all these years!" than a feature.
It is known in this forums for many years. If not all players know it, this also creates a advandage and it is not fair to be used. The undo button closes this gap at least but not in the way i expected.

xavi wrote:Turn redo is a NECESSARY feature.

One day we removed it. It didn't take a day to receive an overwhelming number of requests to bring it back.

We thought a lot about allowing vs not allowing turn redo. We believe that it is much better to have the redo to allows players to fix their mistakes rather than being unforgiven. It might give a slight advantage but it will NOT transform the strategy of an average player into an expert. It will not tell you which unit to buy and so on... We see that more as a convenience than a game changer.

As i say above i consider the undo at least "fixes" the bug mentioned above, but the paid undo was not the right move in my point of view. I didn't know that this change will come (paid undo) and when i saw it inside th egame i was very frustrated when i realized that if i pay more ... i will be able to win more games.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2016 18:33

gspy

gspy

Duaneski wrote:
..... Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.
It's very simple.

Sorry Duaneski but your reply hit a nerve of me!!
This is exact the behaviour and approach uniwar should avoid. This is the exact oposite of what they should do in the uniwar communite. Who gives a shit about shiny buttons? Have you ever played uniwar? Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

And lastly, is not about the money. I will gladly donate to uniwar if there is such an option. I never saw one. And i will gladly re-purchase the game. Many times. believe me. It was the switch in the strategy from "paid/free" game to "pay to get valuable battle features, probably this is how we will extend the game!" game (this is my own extreme phrasing of the approach used to give my point).
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

gspy wrote: Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

You are wrong. The possibility to redo have been here all along. Redo is possible to do because the whole turn is uploaded in the end of a turn. It will always be possible to delete game data and install/unistall the game to be able to redo a turn - the only thing that could have prevented this is upload move-by-move.
The removal Xavi talked about earlier was the logging in between accounts - wich is something he ofc can block redo.

Adding a button to redo even easier that logging back and forth between accounts is NOTHING new, and a find it very strange that you think it ruins your game.

It will not affect the outcome of the battle by paying more than others - get real, and stop the drama... please...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
gspy

gspy

simsverd wrote:
  gspy wrote: Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

Adding a button to redo even easier that logging back and forth between accounts is NOTHING new, and a find it very strange that you think it ruins your game.
It will not affect the outcome of the battle by paying more than others - get real, and stop the drama... please...

Sorry for this but i cannot and will never agree to this view.
Because a faulty game mechanism was exposed and used by some players to "bypass" some game mechanics, this does not mean that this bugs is promoted to feature by default.
Not all players (especially the new ones and i beleive the majority of the uniwar community) know it.

I will stop any reply from now on, because it seems that childish replies are provided WITH NO JUSTIFICATION (not all of them were)

... but considering this drama ..... and considering a game exploit a feature ..... THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG PEOPLE!! Please, be serious as a moderator for the good and the future of this game.

and actually YOU DIDN'T GOT THE POINT!!!!

When i said that i have problem with the undo? i always mentioned the PAID (you can read, right? the undo limited to people explicitly paid for this) UNDO!

PS: You can delete this thread. Seriously. O lost any hope for any meaningfull discussion about this and any other game related aspect after the reply from @simsverd who is a moderator.
If you want to expand the community ... please treat the comuunity with respect as the community treats you

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 24, 2016 20:13

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

na.. i will not delete it. You are making your point, and i am ok with that people have their opinion... even when i totally disgree with it ...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
gspy

gspy

fobos_rus wrote:

Now i saw more seriously the price for the unlimited undos because i wanted just to support the game.
Realy? 15$ for unlimited undos???? or 2.2$ per 100 undos? for something that as said above many times is "offered" also for free?
Are you seriously going to make uniwar a pay as you go game?
I realy need to meet this marketing guy!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24, 2016 21:14

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

gspy wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:
..... Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.
It's very simple.

Sorry Duaneski but your reply hit a nerve of me!!
This is exact the behaviour and approach uniwar should avoid. This is the exact oposite of what they should do in the uniwar communite. Who gives a shit about shiny buttons? Have you ever played uniwar? Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

And lastly, is not about the money. I will gladly donate to uniwar if there is such an option. I never saw one. And i will gladly re-purchase the game. Many times. believe me. It was the switch in the strategy from "paid/free" game to "pay to get valuable battle features, probably this is how we will extend the game!" game (this is my own extreme phrasing of the approach used to give my point).

Sorry. The post I replied to hit a nerve w me, as well.

I think a positive is that the fan base is very passionate.

Of course we have a lot of disagreement.

But again, the main point for me is that you can still play exactly as you did previously.

It isn't gonna take you any more time or have you do things differently to play.

If you do decide to pay for the redo button, you'll save yourself maybe 1-2 minutes a day. I hope to be playing this game still in a couple years, so I think it will be worth it.

That's a personal decision. This decision to have this feature be purchasable, I don't get why it's being received this way.

If you didn't know how to redo your turn the old way, I would get it. That's why I put the method up for people to see.

But that situation aside, I'm not gonna agree with you and you apparently aren't going to agree with me
charclo

charclo

Hello everyone for my first post !

I don't think turn redo killed the game, but it definitely killed Fog of War. I preferred Fog of war...

Forum Index » General Discussion