[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race 2: Fantasy time
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

UW

Fantasy Steampunk Race

Elvish Ranger GL.
Cost 100
Can capture bases
Mobility 9
Vision 4
GL 4
GH 2
Air 2
Aq 3
Range 1-2
Def 4
Repair rate 1

Tree Walker - This unit can disappear from sight in a forest tile, using up its action for the turn. While invisible, the Ranger follows the same rules as a buried unit, but can only move to other adjacent forest tiles. When this unit reveals itself it gains a +2 attack bonus. This is in addition to its natural +2/+3 the ranger receives while in a forest tile. This plus the unit having a ranged attack make engagements near a forest deadly for enemy armies.

Support unit - Conjurer 250
Light
Cost 250
Can capture bases
Mobility 7
Vision 3
GL 0
GH 0
Air 0
Aq 0
Range n/a
Def 1
Repair rate 1

*summon Air elemental *10 turn cool down
*Explosion of Life - turn target plains tile into a forest tile *30 turn Cooldown 1-2 range.
*magic missile - 2-3 range. 5 turn Cooldown. Power 6 attack. (Can target aerial units in addition to ground units)

***Air elemental
GL
Cost: summoned
Can not capture bases
Mobility 9
Vision 3
GL 4
GH 4
Air 6
Aq 4
Range 1
Def 7
Repair rate - can not repair
Decay - this unit loses one health per turn, starting at the end of your next turn. This unit can die as a result of decay.

Gnomish Warjack
GH
(Think if a walker was a tank instead of an artillery piece.)

Cost 400
Mobility 7
Vision 3
GL 6
GH 12
Air 0
Aq 0
Range 1
Def 12
Repair rate 1

Special ability: Throw (throw adjacent unit up to 3 hexes away, must be into an empty hex. May throw friendly units as well.) unit is dealt a power 5 attack damage attack. *5 turn Cooldown.

Human Paladin GH

Cost 250
Mobility 8
Vision 3
GL 7
GH 4
Air 0
Aq 4
Range 1
Def 9
Repair rate 2

Passive: Adds +1 to nearby units heal rate.

Fortify: The Paladin gains +2 defense this turn (can not move or attack and fortify in same turn)

Dragon
Aerial
Cost 750
Mobility 7
Vision 7
GL 8
GH 10
Air 11
Aq 8
Range 1
Def 11
Repair rate 1

* Dragons breath ability: 1-3 range. Instantly kills GL unit. Deals 2 damage and sets fire to GH, aquatic, or aerial units. Fire extinguishes automatically after 3 turns, or when the unit is repaired on a health tile or next to an engineer type unit. 10 turn Cooldown.

Mage
GL
Cost 550
Mobility 6
Vision 5
GL 0
GH 0
Air 0
Aq 0
Range n/a
Def 2
Repair rate 1
Spells:
2-4 range fireball. Deal a 9 attack power To target. Mage Can not move and cast this same turn.

1-2 range Telekinetic Slam - forcefully smash the target one space directly away from the Mage, if possible, dealing a power 5 attack. If the unit is unable to be pushed back, it is instead dealt a power 8 attack. The Mage can move before OR after using this spell (but not both). This may be cast on a friendly unit. 1 turn Cooldown.

Blizzard *10 turn Cooldown - halve movement of all units in area. Deals 4 attack strength damage to all units in a 4-hex square area. Range 3-5. Can not move and cast this same turn.

Invisibility *10 turn Cooldown. The Mage disappears for one turn. The Mage may move before OR after casting this spell. The Mage can not cast two spells in a turn.

Haste *7 turn Cooldown. Target friendly unit gains a second action this turn. (Max 2. We don't need any dragons getting 5 actions!)

Galleon
Cost 500
Mobility 7
Vision 5
GL 7
GH 9
Air 0
Aq 10
Range 2-4
Def 10
Repair rate 2

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 22:16

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I can't even begin to think of an origin story for this race :p

Also, I forgot to mention, but I'm thinking the elvish infantry has got some mean cleavage going on. In case you weren't sold already :p

I'll work out some specific stats at some point, but I really liked the idea of:
1) steam punk.
2) enemy movement abilities / friendly movement out of activation
3) spells. Blizzard was what made me write this race up
4) that was it, so one last time let me mention elvish cleavage.

Thanks for reading!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Reading this, I might want to:

Decrease Mage cost ? Or maybe increase some of those attack damage numbers.

Increase dragon cost? Because it is a dragon. Maybe flip mages to 550 and dragons to 750, adjust dragon stats to be just a total PITA..... Dunno.

I should note that the Conjurer can cast the conjure wargear at the start of its turn, then proceed to move and or punch something. Also need to specify what his GH and Aq will be....
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Reserve one more spot.... And I just wanna say: I think I prefer the phasing race.

BUT, cleavage and dragons.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

what's with the sudden fantasy race?

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Yea I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe to fill in race C?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Haha. Well I thought up the blizzard spell randomly, decided I wanted that... Which led me to the Mage idea. I play a steam punk game so the next thought was a gnome built Warjack. Then I just filled in the rest with common fantasy icons :p

I think I'm most excited for the Conjurer. I wanted to give him an illusion spell.... But not sure it'd be useful.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

So it (the race) is built off of one unit? Why not just add him to your phasers and the guise of a different skin and/or identity?
He could be a robot builder, od a shadow man, or a cloner.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:So it (the race) is built off of one unit? Why not just add him to your phasers and the guise of a different skin and/or identity?
He could be a robot builder, od a shadow man, or a cloner.

Because I enjoy creating races I like most of the units in the race just not as much as the phasers at this point.

This race has a clear style though:
Paladins and war jacks slowly plugging along the open roads... High defense and heal rates but low mobility. Rangers flanking in the trees. Late game dragons show up to rule the skies and scorch the earth, and mages come in hurling fireballs and raining ice from the sky.

I just saw how exceptionally slow this race is. ONE unit can move 3 spaces. Lol.

I now just saw that this race has TWO units total that can attack air! Wowza. Infantry and dragons. Gonna have to update that at some point. Maybe will give Paladins a crossbow or something :p

I may be coming around to the idea of this faction .... Lol

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 20:26

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Next update will add this spell to the Mage I think:

Haste: target unit gains one additional action this turn. *7 turn Cooldown.

Good way to buff speed of this race in spots. That along with telekenetic slam and "Throw" provide some extra mobility...

But gotta figure out where this air defense is gonna come from. Hmmmmmm

Edit: I changed the elemental to an air elemental, with very good AA ability. I also noted that magic missile can strike aerial units. This plus the forest ability (and rangers excellence in forests!) should give this race adequate AA ability. I think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25, 2016 22:16

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Idk, to me, I'm not so sure if fantasy would work well with a science fiction/ futuristic war game. I like the dragon and conjurer, but I feel like the conjurer's recharge system is going to be a hindrance. The dragon I like.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 26, 2016 03:32

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Think about it, aren't they similar? Fantasy is all about magic, arcane, lore, beasts, and epics while science fiction is all about energy, plasma, space, aliens, and breakthroughs. They look real similar, but the only differences I'd think that fantasy is older and softer while science fiction is younger and harder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26, 2016 05:38

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Different eras though. I've got a bad feeling about the different eras thing, I don't think it will work

And fantasy is want ever, whereas science fiction is something that could happen. There's a difference

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26, 2016 13:23

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Man. I like this race a lot. I guess this plus undead race would give us 2/3 of a fantasy Uniwar :p but I do mostly agree that thematically this race wouldn't mesh well with what's going on in Uniwar
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The zombie one would work, methinks. It sounds fun too
Forum Index » New Feature Request