[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar Heavyweight Champion
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Is this a ...
Great idea 57% [ 4 ]
Good idea 29% [ 2 ]
OK idea 0% [ 0 ]
Bad idea 14% [ 1 ]
Terrible idea 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I would like to request a new feature where the "top" player in Uniwar is given some title befitting that position. Maybe a special chat color. Maybe some other benefit.

So, what do the rest of us get out of this?
1) a bimonthly or so championship match. Matches proposed by tournament champions of the past, one of which accepted by the champion (and approved by Xavi / Sims as a fair matchup). Promoted in game, on site, recorded and reviewed Ennuigoblin style. It would be fair for it to be mirrored, but I don't think it should be for marketing purposes.
2) a post game Q&A from the participants. Pre game bios from the players hopefully answering some questions about who they are, how long they've been around, their gaming history or what have you.
3) some sort of interaction with the game itself for the rest of us! Voting on who we expect to win. Providing questions for the Q&A, possibly betting SMALL amounts of unicoins on the match.... for one week leading up to the match, everyone can choose the color of the champ or the challenger to show their support. Tons of ideas I am sure to get people excited and involved

So, that's the idea. I loved watching that Earth V Talone match when I started, and having something on par with that every few months I think would be just flipping awesome.
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Dude!!!! You have some ideas here!!!! I like everything!!! Maybe not the betting of unicoins but itd liven things up for sure haha!!! Good idea, I hope this gets implemented for sure.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

volf wrote:Dude!!!! You have some ideas here!!!! I like everything!!! Maybe not the betting of unicoins but itd liven things up for sure haha!!! Good idea, I hope this gets implemented for sure.

Sweet! Glad you like the idea
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

the tourney winners, silver and bronze gets a special chat color for some days (a week?) already...

have you not seen Willingham and unikz flash their silver and gold ?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

Which means itd be easy to add some of these other things
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I like it
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

simsverd wrote:the tourney winners, silver and bronze gets a special chat color for some days (a week?) already...

have you not seen Willingham and unikz flash their silver and gold ?

Ohhhh I have. That's definitely what had me add that aspect. It is very recognizable.

I think the monthly tournaments are awesome, as you are all but gauranteed some amazing match ups between top players. The argument could certainly be made that each month we are getting a matchup between the top two players at that time.

But with so many variables ... Plus the monthly tournaments are two months behind, so it's hard for the casual player to keep up with when the final round of the December championship happens (no fobos, too! And we are only in round 6)

So, I guess what I would like is either the title match as above, or for there to be significantly more fanfare for the final championship matches. I suppose that the community could be responsible for portions of this. I could certainly set up a set list of questions to ask for the bios, and provide some Q&A to those involved after as well.

That said I think there's something really special, especially to those of us who really don't know the difference skill wise between a willingham, fobos or earth for someone to slap the label of "best" on them and then have someone have to beat them heads up to take that mantle away.

Anywho, that's the thought
Forum Index » New Feature Request