[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
map editor improvements
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I decided recently to have a go at map creation. I'm not really good enough at the game, but I was intrigued so had a go. From reading the forum I appreciate its a fairly new addition but it really needs some more work.

1 Add the one saved map to the solo list of maps automatically .
- this would allow local testing against bots
- the scary message about being banned if you upload an unbalanced map would make sense, as at the moment thats the only way to test it
- it would give a way to play any online map because I can load a published map into the editor
- add a link in the editor menu "play test locally"... you could even grey out the publish option till a certain amount of local testing had been done..e.g. 3 games played, one for each army.
2 you need more options for symmetry. Horiz, vert, 4, 6 & 8. Just keep tapping the symmetry button to cycle through.
3 why does the map auto resize? Even when I've just set the size. Maybe a lock option.
4 an undo button
5 The move button should be bigger. Replace the zoom button with it. You can zoom using pinch, but move when you've got sea selected and you destroy your beautiful creation... particularly annoying without undo!
6 copy, paste would be nice at some point
7 initialize empty map with a selected terrain
8 now I know this is not easy. A function that will give me a static analysis of my map. It could report
- number of bases for each player
- starting troops
- warn when it detects obvious imbalance e.g. calculate move cost from each base to each unmanned base. All bases are surrounded by mountains so no heavy units can be used. Etc
- save some testing time and reduce the number of poorly designed noob maps clogging up your server

now back to the game to upload my map and see if its playable...

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for your suggestions. They make a lot of sense. We will try to progressively integrate them.

Our priority will probably be:
1) easy access to all your favorites & owned map
2) local play test
3) undo ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31, 2016 06:52

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request