[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Field of view update delay
Forum Index » General Discussion
amidama

amidama

So, the idea is that units see what they see at the start of the turn, and if they move, their field of view doesnt get updated with movement. so they cant rush or attack somewhere, what they cant see at the start of the turn.

example some fast unit with sight of 3 hexes and can theoretically move 5 hexes, but as it moves it doesnt see whats in front of him. and he may end up standing near the enemy for example. or miss a good attack chance.

and some units with a good field of view should stand near to see the situation around them.

What do you think about it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 01:17

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

great idea
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Brilliant
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

It'd work, it's like getting surprised

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

I like the idea. But what if a player unit stumble to other enemy unit ? is the enemy unit will be visible right away and the movement of player unit just stopped?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03, 2016 16:47

amidama

amidama

wolkenwand i guess all units can see as ar as they can go
admins decided to do some kind of combinated option, where FoW updated after the move but before the attack

I would offer an unconditional attack in such case (its like ambush), but person will not see it untill th turn will be updated, so as I see it - player will go into a fog, not knowing what is there, then turn updated, and if eney came too close to some unit then it got attacked automatically. and going into the fog cancell th ability to attack manually or selection whom to attack

Hakumen
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

Ok then, as long as the enemy position updated after ending the turn/in start of turn it is good i think. It makes fog of war works again, and player who want to fix their mistake will not know enemy position even if they spamming undo turn.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 04:21

[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

With respect, I am not sure whether this proposal is made after thorough consideration or just a spark of fantasy. Moving and seeing are split into different rounds, is that logical?
You can think about such a scene. You are walking across the street, but you cannot see what is on the road. You boldly walk ahead. Just as you walk to the middle of the road, something suddenly appears towards you...“Holy ***, a large truck!”...Boom!!
The khrals will benefit a lot from that-they just need to bury as many lings as they think is enough for scouting, making scouting work really simple while impossible for other races. So, for saps and titans, they would surely not move the forces ahead, waiting in ease for the opponents' units come to suicide.Eventually everyone gets bored and ask for peace.
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

With respect, I am not sure whether this proposal is made after thorough consideration or just a spark of fantasy. Moving and seeing are split into different rounds, is that logical?
You can think about such a scene. You are walking across the street, but you cannot see what is on the road. You boldly walk ahead. Just as you walk to the middle of the road, something suddenly appears towards you...“Holy ***, a large truck!”...Boom!!
The khrals will benefit a lot from that-they just need to bury as many lings as they think is enough for scouting, making scouting work really simple while impossible for other races. So, for saps and titans, they would surely not move the forces ahead, waiting in ease for the opponents' units come to suicide.Eventually everyone gets bored and ask for peace.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I hate the GL nerf on the Marauders, they feel real weak now. I mean, they're nearly worthless against almost all ground heavies (save for eclipses) and killing GLs and swarmers and harassing are the only things they can only do.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
amidama

amidama

" is that logical? "
time travel to the future to see that there are bandints at the end of the street and then choose another street to walk by - isnt logical either.

turn undo does affect this game very heavily, and "logical" isnt anywhere near it.

I just want to offer something to make it a bit more how it should be, if devs dont want to remov the undo, they can reduce it effect, by such delayed update.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:I hate the GL nerf on the Marauders, they feel real weak now. I mean, they're nearly worthless against almost all ground heavies (save for eclipses) and killing GLs and swarmers and harassing are the only things they can only do.

I agree
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

Interesting idea but what if you land ontop of an enemy?

MasterYoda
amidama

amidama

probably it worth to remove the ability to walk where you cant see. as movement speed is reduced due to not enough information about the way, so unit has to explore it during th journey, so its slowed down effectively.

Hakumen
Forum Index » General Discussion