[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Forest (and Probably Also Mountain) Camouflage
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

My idea came from a game called "1941: Frozen Front" (and its sequel, "1942: Pacific Front") and here's how it works for forests (and mountains):

All non-aerial units can't see through anything behind a forest (and mountain) wall.

like this:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 29, 2017 03:28

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think it should apply to g.H so that maruader would not be able to see so far.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 19:35

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:I think it should apply to g.H so that maruader would not be able to see so far.

it might give an edge for Khraleans, since they have 2 aerial units instead of 1, but that may give more disadvantage for Titans, since they don't have an aerial unit, very prominent in SvT/KvT matches
amidama

amidama

in some games vision is dependent ona mobility. for example you can see that places, where you can move +1 hex to see adjustment hexes. this will make what you want without the need for additional algorythm for vision

Hakumen
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I like these ideas a lot. There is a possibility that we implement them after testing and validating them. Before that, we will certainly adjust the vision of most units that currently see WAY TOO FAR!

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

xavi wrote:I like these ideas a lot. There is a possibility that we implement them after testing and validating them. Before that, we will certainly adjust the vision of most units that currently see WAY TOO FAR!

and also, if you're going to implement vision nerf, adjust the mobility system as well. This time, my idea came from a game called "Great Little War Game" (and its sequels, "Great Big WG" and "GLWG 2"). If a unit has moved less than the maximum range of its mobility, it can still move to it, as long as it hasn't attack yet.

Like this:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » New Feature Request