[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Old and New Theoretical Faction/Race Principles
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

As of the current faction calculus system, there are so far 5 factions that exist:

Powerhouse: A faction of powerful, but expensive units, tend to take time and favor tank (or armored) rushes. Ex: Titans

Balance: A faction of units with versatile proportions, tend to be the most convenient in any situations. Ex: Sapiens

Subversive: A faction of weaker, but cheaper units, tend to be favor production speed and harass others with zerg rush. Ex: Khraleans

Cannon: A faction of offensive units, tend to urge to attack 1st to avoid later complications and kill asap. Ex: Pyreans

Horde: A faction of using numbers as a weapon, taking zerg rush to the extremes, tend to harass and pressure a lot. Ex: None so far

New theoretical factions are on next post

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 16:53

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

There may still be missing links to the calculus, I believe faction calculus is like player balance, but with armies instead, so I have more to put:

Mega: A faction of using pure strength as weapon, taking it to the extremes (an opposite of Horde), will tend to take more time and pressure in a large area. Ex: Phasers/Enyalios

Tracer: A faction that will adapt to any situation and will take in more power and abilities based on what they kill at a cost of unit variety, will tend to be unpredictable. Ex: None so far

Life: A faction that has the highest repair rate
and will pressure anything with it and will
vow to not get killed quick, will tend to dominate in skirmishes. Ex: Convergence

Union: A faction that is weak alone, but powerful together, will tend to dominate in larger battles. Ex: None so far (unless you count Soviet Russia )

Sniper: A faction that heavily relies on range than anything else at a cost of either price or defense, will tend to commit guerrilla warfare the most. Ex: Fobos

There's more I can think, but I'll stop here for now

Update: A theorized faction chart updates this and is also comparable with the old theoretical principles

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dzXdbQC-HGEUlWDiACPauNMglhhCAFwrOcOgNTdxEWI/edit#gid=0

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 16, 2017 06:13

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Union is flawed because it doesn't work on all maps

Unless you mean outnumbering the enemy. In which case, sapiens totally fits the bill (yes, that's Soviet Russia)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 17:16

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Do note that one of my projects have 8 out of 10 factions:

Human [Balance]
Heaven [Powerhouse]
Hell [Subversive]
Predator [Life]
Mecha [Tracer]
Myth [Union]
Alien [Cannon]
Undead [Horde]

On the flip side, my one of my other projects only has 4:

Fatherland [Powerhouse]
Enchantadia [Subversive]
Liberation Front [Cannon]
Valkyria [Balance]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 17:20

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Horde is khraleans

I'm thinking a push mechanic hasn't been tried yet. I'm going to try it with my terrors

Also, I'm in favor of undead staying as a conversion rather than a race, excluding the Horde spread

Horde Spread faction: An even more extreme horde, doesn't need bases to make units

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 17:19

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Ignore this post]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 17:21

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:Union is flawed because it doesn't work on all maps

Unless you mean outnumbering the enemy. In which case, sapiens totally fits the bill (yes, that's Soviet Russia)

Union would work like my Pyrean Synergy ability, but on a different and much larger scale.

So far, Uniwar's race count has Titans [Powerhouse], Sapiens [Balance] and Khraleans [Subversive], if Khraleans will be horde, it will need much cheaper but much weaker units, but having their infantry to be the strongest while if Sapiens are gonna be union, they're gonna need nerfs and retain the same price, but add unionish abilities on them.

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:Union is flawed because it doesn't work on all maps

Union would work like my Pyrean Synergy ability, but on a different and much larger scale.

So far, Uniwar's race count has Titans [Powerhouse], Sapiens [Balance] and Khraleans [Subversive], if Khraleans will be horde, it will need much cheaper but much weaker units, but having their infantry to be the strongest while if Sapiens are gonna be union, they're gonna need nerfs and retain the same price, but add unionish abilities on them.

OK I switch it. Sapiens are horde. Definitely. With all of that infantry. As for Union, I could see that working now that you've explained it. I can say that my aquatic counts as Union too.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for new races, here's the current conversion status
Engineers reprogram mechas and I think orbitals(this could change)
Infectors infect marines and probably fobos infantry
Assimaltor assimilate underling and orbitals
Avatars or motherships energize fobos infantry and underling
Fobos converters (whatever they are) convert marines and mechas

Pyreans cannot convert or be converted
Convergence converges all and can be converted by all

Any new races would have to fit into this cannon (terrors aren't a playable race). As of today, this is what we have to work with
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Now we must use this to form an ecology, and eventually, a story. Here's what I've got so far

Titans , khraleans and sapiens had their own separate war
Phasers and fobos had their own separate wars
Convergence is obviously doing something to unite everyone. And the pyreans were hiding untill they felt the need to fight.

Because of their philosophies, Titans and khraleans obviously are arch enemies

Phasers and fobos hate each other

The convergence is especially focusing on pyreans, because pyreans aren't convertibles in battle, which messed up the convergences plan (from now on. I will refer to him as tu. Why does English not have a he or she for the sexless?). Tu tried to lead a propaganda war against the pyreans as the victory pics on the convergence thread States. Obviously, the pyreans hate convergence

The saps seem to be the native Americans of this situation. Powerless to stop forigen forces, but we can still put up a great fight!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 20:30

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

My theoretical Uniwar Race Chart:

edit: please go the next page for the revised version

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20, 2016 03:01

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Dude. That is so cool!!

Btw - phasers and fobos, at least from a fluff perspective, are definitely archenemies

Man I love this chart so much

Thoughts:
- man, Enyalios has a lot of enemies !!
- pyreans want to save the saps? Interesting ..
- I like the actions
- does a defense protocol mean they're particularly defending agains that race, or that they are defending borders together kinda thing ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19, 2016 21:48

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Now we must use this to form an ecology, and eventually, a story. Here's what I've got so far

Titans , khraleans and sapiens had their own separate war
Phasers and fobos had their own separate wars
Convergence is obviously doing something to unite everyone. And the pyreans were hiding untill they felt the need to fight.

Because of their philosophies, Titans and khraleans obviously are arch enemies

Phasers and fobos hate each other

The convergence is especially focusing on pyreans, because pyreans aren't convertibles in battle, which messed up the convergences plan (from now on. I will refer to him as tu. Why does English not have a he or she for the sexless?). Tu tried to lead a propaganda war against the pyreans as the victory pics on the convergence thread States. Obviously, the pyreans hate convergence

The saps seem to be the native Americans of this situation. Powerless to stop forigen forces, but we can still put up a great fight!

I think I agree with all of this
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Duaneski wrote:Dude. That is so cool!!

Btw - phasers and fobos, at least from a fluff perspective, are definitely archenemies

Man I love this chart so much

Thoughts:
- man, Enyalios has a lot of enemies !!
- pyreans want to save the saps? Interesting ..
- I like the actions
- does a defense protocol mean they're particularly defending agains that race, or that they are defending borders together kinda thing ?

Responses:
-I guess, they're that tough
-Look at the 1st backstory in my Pyrean page
-ty
-Defense Protocol means that they're defending their borders until their priorities are met, then they can attack what they're defending against, basically, attack one side and defend your other side(s)

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

You have won one internet for being so awesome.
Forum Index » New Feature Request