[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
2nd New Race Idea: Atlantics, the Aquatic Terrors
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Here's another race idea:

New Race: Atlantics

Description: They are a race of fish and reptiles from the seven seas and live like pirates and pillagers and warriors that seek a fair fight. As they claimed that the Pyreans attacked them first, they sought to win their feud against them. They consist of assassins and killers that lack range, but are fast and silent. They don't have an aerial unit, but they have the power to shut down other aerial unit, playing like the Titans, but powerful in the seas and all can traverse through water but non-aquatics can't attack while in water. Just like the Pyreans, they can't convert but can't be converted as their skins are immune to conversions.

Unit list and summary:

Ground Light:

Leaper: Basic Atlantic infantry, can sneak through everywhere with camouflage (basically, bury), fast and is capable of attacking aerial units through leaping, can move at water and is automatically camouflaged, but can't attack while in water. Costs 100 credits

Anglerfish: An underwater nurse that can heal everything in its path and moves just as fast as the Leaper in water. It has a ability that can blind anything in one turn. Costs 200 credits.

Ground Heavy:

Armored Croc: A heavy armored fighting reptile that is capable of brawling at the expense of movement and vision. It has an ability to leap into the fray or to drag a unit to itself and it doesn't suffer from non-desert environments. Costs 300 credits.

Crab Panzer: A heavily armored crab that dominates in 1on1 fights, just make sure to not be adjacent with more than 1 enemy units. Costs 500 credits.

Desintegrator: The race's heavy artillery that moves real fast and is armored, but at an expense of range. It can also sneak with camouflage so it doesn't suffer from getting outranged and can inflict Trident. Costs 650 credits.

Part 2 is in next reply.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:24

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Aquatic:

U-Shark: A de-facto anti ship unit that is automatically camouflaged outside of battle to sneak again, but it's defenseless against everything else. Costs 500 credits.

Battle Whale: The race's ultimate aquatic unit. It puts anything to shame with its superb speed, armor, and firepower, but it's very expensive. Costs 1,000 credits.

Ability Summary:

Trident: Trident is inflicted by the Atlantics' ranged units (excluding the aquatic ones). It works in 3 different ways: biological, material, and extraterrestrial. All Atlantic units gain 1 Hp lifesteal to biological races (Sapiens, Khraleans, and themselves) for every 3 Hp damage dealt, deal 2 extra damage to material races (Titans, Pyreans, and Enyalios), and poisons extraterrestrial races (Phasers, Convergence, and Fobos). After attacking units with Trident, the ability disappears until inflicted again.

Amphibian:

Launcher: A ranged Leaper armed with missiles that can deal potential damage from afar against any unit and can inflict Trident, but it's defenseless at point-blank range, but it can use camouflage to avoid that problem. Cost 250 credits.

Note: Trident Poisoning is basically a powerful Plague without the contagion, will always inflict 2 Hp in 1 turn

Further unit summaries are to be posted with each of my replies

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:25

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Leaper

Cost: 100
Mobility: 10
Vision: 3
Type: Ground Light

Attack:

-Ground Light: 6
-Ground Heavy: 3
-Aerial: 3
-Aquatic: 3
-Amphibian: 6

Attack Range: 1

Defense: 5

Capture Bases: Yes
Attack after move: Yes
Repair: +1
Action/Turn: 1
Special Ability: Camouflage, Into the Fray

This infantry unit is excellent at assassinating units if it can get them with camouflage or into the fray and move across water with a 3-tile reduction and is automatically camouflaged while in water. Use this unit to ambush your enemies.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Anglerfish

Cost: 200
Mobility: 6
Type: Ground Light

Defense: 0

Capture bases: Yes
Repair: x2; +1 (w/out another Anglerfish)
Special Force: Flash

The ability Flash blinds all enemy units within the 5-tile radius for 1 turn and has a 10 turn cooldown and it is as fast as Leapers in water. Use the Anglerfish as a lights-out unit to allow your units to camouflage without being seen.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 13:30

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Launcher

Cost: 250
Mobility: 9
Type: Amphibian

Attack:

-Ground Light: 4
-Ground Heavy:5
-Aerial: 5
-Aquatic: 4
-Amphibian: 4

Attack Range: 2-2

Defense: 5

Capture base: Yes
Special Ability: Camouflage

This unit can really surprise the heck out of everyone with camouflage and its enhanced range, but it is defenseless at point-blank range. Use this unit as an initiator of any skirmishes.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Armored Croc

Cost: 300
Mobility: 10
Vision: 4
Type: Ground Heavy

Attack:

-Ground Light: 10
-Ground Heavy: 6
-Aerial: 5
-Aquatic: 5
-Amphibian: 10

Defense: 8

Repair: +2
Special Ability: Into the Fray, Forced Accord

This unit is designed to brawl heavier than its competitors, but at a cost of mobility and range, but its abilities can either leap ahead or force a unit (except for Aquatic units) into itself, both causing extra damage as well as it won't suffer from non-desert terrains. Use this unit as a fighter against lightly armored units.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:26

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Crab Panzer

Cost: 500
Mobility: 6

Attack:

-Ground Light: 8
-Ground Heavy: 10
-Aerial: 3
-Aquatic: 10
-Amphibian: 8

Defense: 14

Special Ability: Brawl

This unit dominates in 1on1 fights with its Brawl ability, which it gains +2 Attack and +2 Defense when attacking against a lone enemy, just make sure you're not facing against 2 or more adjacent enemies. Use this unit to kill as fast as possible while not losing as much health.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:27

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Desintegrator

Cost: 650
Mobility: 9

Attack:

-Ground Light: 9
-Ground Heavy: 10
-Aerial: 10
-Aquatic: 9
-Amphibian: 9

Attack Range: 1-2

Defense: 6

The race's main artillery unit that can destroy very fast with its heavy railgun and can avoid getting outranged with camouflage. Use this unit just like the Launcher.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:27

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: U-Shark

Cost: 450
Mobility: 11
Type: Aquatic

Attack:

-Ground Light: 0
-Ground Heavy: 0
-Aerial: 0
-Aquatic: 11
-Amphibian: 11

Defense: 10

Action/Turn: 2

This can destroy other aquatic units fast with its camouflage ability and can repair fast, but consequently, it's defenseless against everything else. Use this unit to pressure all eneny aquatic units to the extremes.

Note: Camouflage+ allows U-Sharks to move without penalty and are automatically camouflaged when they break contact with the enemy while they can emerge and attack after move at the same time and retain their +3 additional attack when emerged.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:27

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:Here's another race idea:

New Race: Atlantics

Description: They are a race of fish and reptiles from the seven seas and live like pirates and pillagers and warriors that seek a fair fight. As they claimed that the Pyreans attacked them first, they sought to win their feud against them. They consist of assassins and killers that lack range, but are fast and silent. They don't have an aerial unit, but they have the power to shut down other aerial unit, playing like the Titans, but powerful in the seas and all can traverse through water but some can't attack while in water. Any harbors they own can also serve as a mini medical bay, able to repair units faster by x2. Just like the Pyreans, they can't convert but can't be converted as their skins are immune to conversions.

Unit list and summary:

I'll think of them, but I'm currently hungry at the moment :P

Ability Summary:

Same :P

Further unit summaries are to be posted with each of my replies.

This is a fantastic race idea. I'm excited to see what's what.

Maybe all of their units should be able to be built on naval bases ? Or at least an expanded number of them ?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Unit Information: Battle Whale

Cost: 1,000
Mobility: 12
Vision: 7
Type: Aquatic

Attack:

-Ground Light: 12
-Ground Heavy: 12
-Aerial: 12
-Aquatic: 16
-Amphibian: 16

Attack Range: 1-3

Defense: 14

Repair: +2
Special Ability: Supersonic Sense, Salvo

This giant unit dominates everything in all parameters with its new equipment alongside with its salvo offensive, which it gains +2 vs aquatic when attacking and its supersonic sense to avoid getting ambushed by anti-aquatic units within a 4-tile range, at a cost of price. Use this unit as a support in every fights between land and water.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2017 03:28

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Great idea!
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

So, what are the strengths and weaknesses of this race:

Stengths:

+Great at close ranges
+Camouflage
+All traverse in water
+Great at brawling

Weaknesses:

-Below average vision (at 4, only Crab Panzer and Battle Whale have better vision)
-Poor attack range, succeptible to being outranged

In conclusion, with proper timing and stratrgy, you'll destroy your enemy's frontline very fast without costing too much of your own. For those fighting against Aquatics, you'll need range and vision to catch them off guard.

As archenemies, which race do you think will win, Atlantics or Pyreans?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 21, 2016 03:35

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Does camouflage work without water?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:Does camouflage work without water?

yes, but non-aquatic units are automatically camouflaged in water, tho they can't attack while in water

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21, 2016 03:40

Forum Index » New Feature Request