[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Skip Turns
Forum Index » General Discussion

I like this feature and think it's a great addition.

However...

Whe n your opponent gives up on his game, it's now effectively tripled the time before you can "kick" them. Effectively a 1 day game is now a 3 day game, and a 3 day game now takes 9 to kick them (right? or am I missing something?)

So you basically have to wait it out, or surrender and let them win. Not a big deal if they joined a game and never started since no ranking points are lost. Kind of a big deal if they're losing and disappear, which is pretty common.

Or am I misreading something? I'd like to still have the option to "kick player" and make "skip turn" an option to be used when you're feeling generous.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Agreed 100% (this is lion37).

For some reason when I start to win a map, the other players take forever to play. It almost seems like they home I will get tired of the game and surrender.

Just to be clear - this only happens in some games, but is still very annoying.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I suggest:

3 minute, 10 minute and 1 hr games have "skip turn"

12 hour, 1 day and 3 day games only have "kick player"

If someone misses a move in a 10 minute game they may have gotten distracted or something. But if someone misses a move in a 1 day game they're not coming back.
lion37

lion37

Its also just plain disrespectfull. If someone does not want to play any more, they should surrender. Forcing everyone else to wait for you to time out because you cannot be bothered to surrender is just wrong. I've played many games and have never been kicked out.

I think when players sign up for new games, there should be a counter showing how many times they have been kicked out of games. That way the game admin can just remove players that have a history of being kicked out before starting the game.
Anonymous

Anonymous
this whole "skip player" feature would be moot if they just made it so that the next player on the same team takes control of the removed player's pieces. and the removed player would lose a mandatory pre-determined number of points. that way the removed player gets penalized while the rest of the team can continue playing without suffering the loss of a teammate. this would deter players from getting removed since they can only lose points and never gain points if the rest of the team goes on to win. it's silly right now that a removed player can still win points if the rest of the team goes on to win without him. he should lose points regardless.
ahbritto

ahbritto

I too hate it when losing players can't be bothered to surrender.

Now, I need to plan for a skipped player to return to play. What a bother.

I think the simplest solution would be to deduct 20% from a persons rating if they are kicked .
Anonymous

Anonymous
Skip Player works in theory but in reality most people who drop out aren't coming back. Please let us kick them too.

Dropping ratings doesn't mean anything on people who just join or start a few games because they just bought the game and then never go back and finish them. This happens a lot and half or more of the anonymous players are deadbeats like this. You think they care about their rating?

Please bring back kick player for when you know they're not coming back and so that i don't have to keep skipping people who aren't ever going to play.

Also this has made the random game feature completely useless. IT was already a crapshoot that you'd ever get a decent game but now it's impossible and since they're always 3 days long accepting a random game means you have to wait more than a week to get it off the list.
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Also this has made the random game feature completely useless. IT was already a crapshoot that you'd ever get a decent game but now it's impossible.

I have to disagree here, as soon as your rating is above, let's say, 1700, you will be playing random games against people that are unlikely to just disappear. And it's a good way to meet opponents that match your strength, I've had more than one rematch after meeting someone in a random game.

Nevertheless I can understand the problem with endless wait now, especially in multiplayer games where you can't just make sure there are no unexperienced players. It seemed like a great idea to include skipping but only now we can see (at least I only now see) the disadvantages...

I'd like to have the skip feature in 1 day games though, I once went to holidays and didn't finish all my games before. Even though I asked for mercy, I got kicked out of three games. So I'm glad they didn't deduct 60% of my rating then.

Maybe just remove skipping from 3 day games, and make random games 1 day?

BTW: Post # 1000 in this forum! Do I get score points for that?
Anonymous

Anonymous
I can't argue because I don't have 1700. I'm usually between 1550 and 1600.

At that rating, which is the one more players are at and closer to where you are when you join the game, random games are worthless. I also have to play without accept games turned on because you get endless spam from anonymous players who never even make a first move over and over. It's fine if it gets better later but most people's experience is going to be like mine and then only a small portion of them are going to get higher ratings to see it actually be useful.
magic molly

magic molly

Or, the random game function could take into account more than just your points. It could pair new players with new players, and people likely to miss turns with others likely to miss turns. I almost never take random games, so i don't know much about them, but the 1 day rather than 3 days sounds a lot better, as very few premade games are more than 24 hours.
Forum Index » General Discussion