[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Race Election 2016 [UnE16]
Forum Index » General Discussion
Vote for the next 2 race to add in Uniwar (you might just post them as this poll only work at 1 choice)
[Lk;Fire] Pyreans 0% [ 0 ]
[Lk;Aquatic] Atlantics 0% [ 0 ]
[Lk;Nature] Hiilangi* 0% [ 0 ]
[Dn;Dark] Phasers 75% [ 3 ]
[Dn;Exile] Fobos 0% [ 0 ]
[Dn;Elite] Exos* 0% [ 0 ]
[A%;Chess] Convergence 0% [ 0 ]
[A%;Dimention] Clockwork* 0% [ 0 ]
[Am;Robot] Machines* 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Ok, we currently have 6 candidates for the new additions, but as Xavi said, only 2 races can enter. 3 Uniwarriors (including me) have made 2 race ideas each. Here are the the ideas:

LkASr: [Pr][Al][Hi]

Pyreans- A fiery and volcanic race that focuses on offense. They don't have any aquatic units, but some units will make up for it. Their key strategy is to attack and kill asap, with superb range and and to put up a pressure by using kamikaze units.

Atlantics- An underwater and reptilian race that focuses on silencing units fast at close range. They don't have any aerial units, but their ability as a whole to traverse through water and camouflage make up for it, with great close combat performance comes at a cost of vision and range.

As both in common, they can't convert, but can't be converted in return.

Apercent: [Cn][Ck]

Convergence- A race based on chess pieces and seeking to convert all. Their main focuses is having the highest healing rate of all races and they can convert all, but can be converted by all in return.

Clockwork- A complicated race that makes use of tracing and transforming. They have the ability to make patterns for certain effects.

Duaneski: [Ps][Fs][Ex]

Phasers- A dark race from another planet that is very powerful, but can't repair without a mothership, even if they're in a medical bay. They are affected by certain conversions.

Fobos- An exiled race that was forced to flee from their home planet and create weapons of range to combat their enemies at a cost of defense or price. Just like Phasers, they are affected by certain conversions.

Everything is still a fare game until Xavi would decide which 2 races to go with. Candidates, explain your races' capabilities further to appeal to our fellow Uniwarriors. As for others, you may still run for the election and maybe Xavi might choose yours instead. Vote for your favorable race and good luck!

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 29, 2016 02:07

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

A bonus information regarding to the 1st 6 races. In their backstories, each candidate's races are archenemies to each other (but it's not sure yet for Apercent's racial relationships between Convergence and Clockwork).

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh yea and you can't vote for your own race

That's only fair

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22, 2016 13:34

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

If xavi picks 2 races, he's going to have two pick phasers and fobos, they are the only ones that fit into a conversion cycle. To be fair, I'd be fine fitting convergence into a cycle
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, it's unfair to include the alantics, clockwork, and fobos, because no one's goin g tk vote for the underdeveloped races
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:Also, it's unfair to include the alantics, clockwork, and fobos, because no one's goin g tk vote for the underdeveloped races

there still have time, just finish developing them, it's not the final day yet
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:Also, it's unfair to include the alantics, clockwork, and fobos, because no one's goin g tk vote for the underdeveloped races

there still have time, just finish developing them, it's not the final day yet

But people are voting now!
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:If xavi picks 2 races, he's going to have two pick phasers and fobos, they are the only ones that fit into a conversion cycle. To be fair, I'd be fine fitting convergence into a cycle

for a good combo, he might go for Pyreans/Atlantics and Convergence. It's like a yin-yang thing where Pyreans/Atlantics don't follow the conversion rule while Convergence plays in all conversions.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I don't believe for one second that phasers and fobos have to go together as a package deal.

I wrote them together as a story because as I was writing the origin for the phasers, I wanted them to have a dark history. As I wrote the story I had this race left over. Then later I had the idea for a ranged race and decided to marry the two.

Fobos could just as easily be just a back story.

Of course Xavi mentioned he may add two races, but I'm sure it could just as easily be zero races or 3 races. The timeline for this is also very vague, and it could be years before this happens. You can see discussions of new races from 2010 on here

So, I like the idea of a poll, in that it gives us some idea of what the other Uniwarriors are interested in. But that aside, there's no consequence to any of this except to occupy our minds somewhat

Right now my order for the new races:

Phasers
Convergence
Fobos
Pyreans (this could def move up but I don't love this unit in game as much as I do it's story and theme )
Clockwork / Atlantics (need more info still ofc)

Just one Uniwarriors opinion
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

In march, when we resume work on the new races, I will actively comment on the forum on the new Races and share decisions & directions that we take for new abilities, features and so on.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

xavi wrote:In march, when we resume work on the new races, I will actively comment on the forum on the new Races and share decisions & directions that we take for new abilities, features and so on.

Are the races going to be on 2 of the 6 our ideas or your own ideas or probably new design, but the stats and abilities on our ideas or the other way around? Let us know in the future

kind regards, LkASr, Duaneski, Apercent, the Uniwarriors, and future Uniwarriors

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23, 2016 00:40

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

@race creators: it think we should wrap it up at 11 races, so that xavi can have some choices without any being skipped over. Of course, we have to remember that Titans, khraleans, and sapiens are already in the game, and that convergence, phasers, and pyreans are already the basis for all the new races, so it's really going to come down to 5 new races. So out of the left over current races, I think we should either stop at 5 or highlight the 5 best
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for the 3 main races, I think we should all repost all of the unit info without the race conversations once they are fully balanced. I think that the phasers have already reached this stage, and that convergence and pyreans only has a little left to go.

So far, for the 5 races, we have
Clockwork
Aquatics
Fobos
Machines

I think we can count on amidama coming up with a 2nd, and her first idea was awesome
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:
I think we can count on amidama coming up with a 2nd, and her first idea was awesome

you sure that amidama's a girl this time tho?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:As for the 3 main races, I think we should all repost all of the unit info without the race conversations once they are fully balanced. I think that the phasers have already reached this stage, and that convergence and pyreans only has a little left to go.

So far, for the 5 races, we have
Clockwork
Aquatics
Fobos
Machines

Amidama, much like Lk, is a dude :p
Forum Index » General Discussion