[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Wyrm spam advantage - especially KvT
Forum Index » Khraleans
Abie

Abie

The Wyrm has two distinct advantages over the Walker and Battery.
A) Attack AFTER moving - 2 spaces
B) Minimum attack range of 1 - allowing it to attack units that attack it such as marauders, Speeders, Marines, Eclipse, Helicopters, etc from short range. The Wyrm can attack any unit that attacks it directly with the exception of Walkers and maybe Battery's, depending on the distance they are from the Wyrm. Batteries and Walkers minimum attack range is 2 and 3.

I am currently playing a game as K in KvT of Deadmonk. And the Wyrm's advantages are so good, that I went straight to a Wyrm as early as I could. You don't necessarily need to use a Pinzer to tank to be able to use them effectively, but still having one is good. You can protect them with just an underling or Swarmer in front. But even being unprotected is not so bad.

If you have them unprotected from Speeders the big advantage you have is using that short range. When a Wyrm is attacked from short range it still attacks the attacking Speeder.

With this all in mind, K can use the Wyrm so effectively. Against enemy Plasma Tanks, and almost any other unit.

If you can protect it with just an underling or Swarmer, you could be on your way.

If the map is big, has a lot of credits and units, sure you should definitely have Pinzers in front to tank for more protection. With swarmers and underlings the protection won't be enough because in 2 hits your unit could die.

Having said all of this, I am going to see if I can archive the replay of the game I am currently playing.
amidama

amidama

seeder attacking wyrm will swaps their health something like 1 to 1 or better, but the wyrm cost twice as much. if you opponent cant kill few underlings to start attacking the wyrm, then you are lucky. in most cases even the pinzer isnt enough protection for the wyrm.

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Wyrms only have 9 g.h
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Wyrms in meta, are not the most powerul arty in the game, that now goes to the battery, sure walkers are op from afar, but they can't move or else they'd miss their time shooting some more

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » Khraleans