[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Map - Glory Run
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
ninjacentaur

ninjacentaur

I have made my first map! I am requesting feedback on it. Although my score is not good ( surrendered to 15 bots in a row cause I could not figure out how matchmaking works) I believe that I have a fair understanding of how UniWar works and plays.

I have taken into consideration each race, and have tried to tie together their strengths and weaknesses to create a fair map. The idea is that there will be a struggle to hold the middle, due to the medical pads. Players can also utilize the medical pad near their base to repair wounded units a safe distance from the battlefield.

Prepare for the glory run!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Hiya!! Welcome to Uniwar

I'll take a look at it later today and give some feedback
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Well. I looked at your map, but I haven't played it yet. Also note that I am very far from a map expert. So following is just one persons opinion.
-------
You are correct in that I do think you understand the game very well.

My feedback / constructive criticism would be that the middle portion of your map is somewhat lengthy, and I think I would feel pretty comfortable being able to hold that down as Titans... Since the bases are so far apart I think your map lends itself to a build up style anyway.

If this were my map, I would consider possibly making it less wide, and moving some of the bases closer to the middle. Alternatively, if you were to flip the locations of two of the bases (so that red has 2 bases on the right side and black has one on the right side, and the reverse for the left side) that would create quite a bit of havoc and would not favor the build up style that Titans generally dominate.

You can leave it as is but I know if I landed this map in SvT or KvT I would 'feel' like I was starting out at a disadvantage. Again I haven't play tested it so who knows
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Also..... This could be a very good map to change into a "north versus south" setup instead of "east versus west"

I LOVE maps with spread out bases ...
Forum Index » User Generated Maps