[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How can we make this forum more user friendly?
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I've been a member of various gaming forums well since the old bullitin boards. Some are very user friendly (v bulitin for example, many use that) others not so.

What can we do to make this forum more user friendly?

I know I'd love to be able to pick up conversations where I left off (currently you need to remember last page of a conversation then scroll to pick up where you last were)

Searchable by not only key word, but poster would be nice

Be able to link our game account(s) in profile so we know who we all are in game

What other features here on the forum would make it easier for the general populace to navigate and return? Please add your suggestions.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

To be fair, most forums don't have colors and fonts. That's pretty cool.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 15:41

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Man. I thought these forums ARE very user friendly

In app accessibility would probably spike usage. Outside of that I'm not sure
[Avatar]
MasterYoda

[Avatar]
MasterYoda

There are plenty things that could make this forum more user friendly, getting rid of old posts, unless still helpful. Search menu should be more sensitive as you search things and it always says nothing to be found. Being able to organize posts concering how old a post is or who posted it. Having a section in the forum purely for learning the rules of the game, and i dont just mean game play, the mechanics and maths/ calculations of the game aswell as requirements for certain tasks - also the option "hottest" has super old posts, hottest shouldnt be how many views or how many comments, it should be how many responses within a time frame of a week or something

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 14:35

MasterYoda
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

O.k. one more pet peve

On ALL other forums I'm a member on the cookies are useful. If I go to a thread I've been to before it goes to the new content of that thread, not just a page of that thread.

I find I spend half my time here scrolling to where I last was on a conversation. Or worse trying to remember where on a multi page thread I last was at. We have cookies to show what's new, how about actually using them?

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

TheDragon wrote:O.k. one more pet peve

On ALL other forums I'm a member on the cookies are useful. If I go to a thread I've been to before it goes to the new content of that thread, not just a page of that thread.

I find I spend half my time here scrolling to where I last was on a conversation. Or worse trying to remember where on a multi page thread I last was at. We have cookies to show what's new, how about actually using them?

That would be awesome
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I'd also love to see a change of the light yellow to something, anything, easier to see for unread posts. I have to double check the icons. Mind you I hit the forum on my PC not my tiny phone so perhaps a brighter color for unread posts. like RED

Teams (Members)
Eikonoklastes

Eikonoklastes

Just a small tweak, but the ability to adjust the time zone would be nice. In several of the forums I used to be a part of, users could adjust/set the time zone for their specific region. This made it easier for me to tell whether or not I had already read something for I could easily compare the time stamp of a given post with my last login.
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better