[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Maruader nerf
Forum Index » General Discussion
Which?
I liked the marauder 8 g.l 43% [ 6 ]
I dislike the maruader 8 g.l and think it should get 9 50% [ 7 ]
I wanted the maruader to get 10 g.l 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

This is a poll about the maruader and the balance updates. If you like the nerf, click on its poll option. (This is not about vision)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05, 2016 13:14

amidama

amidama

lets play the mercury map, if I will be sap and it will be my turn first and you will be NOT a titan. (sap or kharlean).
and I will kill your capture attempt, and again, and again. your choise could b to continue building infantry and loosing 100 cr per turn becuse of lost base and another 100 cr for a infantry
or you could stop building infantry and build heavier unit, and then lost even an ability to captur the base at all.
what is your choise in this case will be?

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Firstly, its 125 credits per turn. You have like 1 turn to capture a base.

Next, a garuda.
Bye bye maruader.

Or, use swarmers to kill the maruader. I'm honestly thinking that if you let a maruader kill off infantry, that's poor planning on your part.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 14:22

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Firstly, its 125 credits per turn. You have like 1 turn to capture a base.

Next, a garuda.
Bye bye maruader.

Or, use swarmers to kill the maruader. I'm honestly thinking that if you let a maruader kill off infantry, that's poor planning on your part.

Instead of arguing his point with hypotheticals, actually play it. Marauders break that map

So maybe the map needs trashed and not the marauder. Fair question.

Another fair question; should one 250 cost unit be able to stop a full health capture attempt by itself, under any circumstance ?

If your answer is yes, then understand that you are going to have a lotta eyes rolling at you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 14:35

amidama

amidama

Someone, please invite the apercent to mercury map or some similar map (with first base distance from enemys second base 4 hex (4 spaces, on 5th) and show him what I mean
and prohibit the titan race from this game, so he cant select it.

I cant invite him right now, unfortunately..

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Well, this sucks because I'm immediately wrong as soon as 2000s said so. So I'm not going to try and argue with that, amidama. However, i will say that the maruader is a lot more fun when you can kill someone in 1 turn. And beyond a few maps, it's not hard to counter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 15:02

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Well, this sucks because I'm immediately wrong as soon as 2000s said so. So I'm not going to try and argue with that, amidama. However, i will say that the maruader is a lot more fun when you can kill someone in 1 turn. And beyond a few maps, it's not hard to counter.

Agreement or disagreement on this point has nothing to do with in game rank.

I'm asking a question: do you think that that unit should be able to do something?

I really don't. If you do, that's fine, but I think you'll find a lot of people don't agree with you.... Which I believe is the Genesis for the nerf.

Whether it's generally easy to counter or not isn't the point, really.

Compare marauders to swarmers... Two swarmers (TWO!) only have like a 60% chance to stop a capture.

Does that seem right that a marauder should be that much more effective?

We don't have to agree. Just asking questions
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

To be fair, swarmers don't get a counter, and are effective vs garuda, maruader, tank, marines, mecha, speeders, underling, and helicopters in rare cases. Maruader are only good for two things; infantry and swarmer. And now, we can count that to one.

Also maruader are kind of good vs speeders, but not too the point of where you'd be willing to spam them.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 15:20

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm also of the opinion that a change shouldn't of happened if no one agreed on it. As seen, a majority liked the old maruader

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 15:27

amidama

amidama

noone is actually reading the forum. we represent something like a 1% of a game population, thats why I always think that forum polls arent effective here
sap is the best race so far, why not to nerf it a bit

Hakumen
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

in environment-rich maps, the marauder nerf is significantly noticeable, but you guys were considering the maps that almost don't have any. instead of the Marauder nerf, I'd suggest that mountains should have +3;+4 terrain bonus instead of +2;+4, as in real life, high ground with infantry is significantly more powerful as they can scout further and and kill enemies easier.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:noone is actually reading the forum. we represent something like a 1% of a game population, thats why I always think that forum polls arent effective here
sap is the best race so far, why not to nerf it a bit

I think that the 1600 and 1700s would love 9 g.l, these are the trigger happy guys we're talking about. And that represents 90% of uni-players.
amidama

amidama

LkASr my example was that old marauder can kill a infantry on a base. mountain buff will not with help this situation

"I think that the 1600 and 1700s would love 9 g.l, these are the trigger happy guys we're talking about. And that represents 90% of uni-players."
yes, but think about the poor 10% of the top players who will have to always lose in case if such map-race combination appear to them...
low level player are having fun no matters what the stats are. they will not even feel it. thats the nice thing abou the low rating! =)

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:I'm also of the opinion that a change shouldn't of happened if no one agreed on it. As seen, a majority liked the old maruader

No one was able to provide evidence of the marauders being weak, and evidence WAS provided of instances where marauders are too strong.

As much as the balance post became a place for opinions and discussion, the OP stated VERY clearly that ALL posts therein should cite specific examples from high ranked games where units were used in a way that suggests need for balancing.

Almost no one did that.

Believe me when I say that I do very much value the opinion of a 1400 or 1700 player. Opinions are great and they can lead to valuable discussion. But it is a fact that pre nerf the marauder is in the discussion as the best unit in the game. Almost certainly one of the most used. There are rare circumstances where it wasn't useful, but those are few and far between.

So, I'm just saying. I get that you guys don't like it. But I also think you're wrong.

Marauders are still able to compete almost evenly with speeders. They outduel swarmers consistently of course. They move farther than any other unit and they are unique in their ability to retreat. They're still an excellent unit, even with this very slight nerf. I'm confident of that even without having played with it too much post nerf.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Honestly, I saw the proof, but what we all asked was, why can't the maruader one-shot troops? That was a unique strategy, something unique about uniwar. And it was fun. And it's not that hard to shield infantry (aside from a few unbalanced maps).

All of that aside, 8 g.l isn't too bad, but I liked to cap bases with maruader. It was something that no other unit could do.

And I'm sure that 1600s would have fun with killing units in one turn.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 18:01

Forum Index » General Discussion