[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Upcoming new Terrains
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I have a few new terrain ideas, tho it might ask for too much as we have a good amount:

Cliff: A terrain that denies ground heavies to directly go through it. Ground Lights can go directly through it, but at an increased mobility cost. It only gives +1;+1 to all Ground units, good for coastal arty .

Volcano: A dangerous, active terrain that doesn't let all Ground and Aerial units to directly pass through. It doesn't just deny units direct access, it will damage anything that stayed adjacent to itself for 1 Hp per turn.

Small Island: Just a sea version of the forest, but only gives +2;+2 instead.

Rocky Reef: Just a sea version of the swamp, gives the same penalties.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 02:14

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:I have a few new terrain ideas, tho it might ask for too much as we have a good amount:

Cliff: A terrain that denies ground heavies to directly go through it. Ground Lights can go directly through it, but at an increased mobility cost. It only gives +1;+1 to all Ground units, good for coastal arty .

Volcano: A dangerous, active terrain that doesn't let all Ground and Aerial units to directly pass through. It doesn't just deny units direct access, it will damage anything that stayed adjacent to itself for 1 Hp per turn.

Small Island: Just a sea version of the forest, but only gives +2;+2 instead.

Rocky Reef: Just a sea version of the swamp, gives the same penalties.[/quote

I like it a lot question tho - is the small island a tile aquatic units can occupy ? Seems odd to park a boat on an island and have a boat parked on top of it ?
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

It's not really large, probably 1/8 of a mile and it doesn't have any coasts. It just serves cover for the boats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 17:01

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

I'm still not sure about the small island, but I like these terrain ideas. And that sea terrains could justify the 11 movement from hydro and leviathans.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also I think their should be a deep ocean and shallow ocean. Shallow ocean is easier on ships than deep. I really like the volcano idea, and the reef too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 17:56

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:Also I think their should be a deep ocean and shallow ocean. Shallow ocean is easier on ships than deep. I really like the volcano idea, and the reef too.

isn't it the opposite? shallow oceans would probably give harder time on the ships due to being closer to the ground.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05, 2016 05:31

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:Also I think their should be a deep ocean and shallow ocean. Shallow ocean is easier on ships than deep. I really like the volcano idea, and the reef too.

isn't it the opposite? shallow oceans would probably give harder time on the ships due to being closer to the ground.

That's exactly what I was thinking

Btw I don't think current ships should get an offense bonus on any terrain ... They already hit plenty hard.

But more terrain giving +/- to defense, and or having different mobility costs would be great.

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

To ships, the ground below the surface doesn't matter because they stay on the surface. However, deeper oceans usually have worst storms than the coast does, because of all the fluids.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05, 2016 14:48

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I thought of a devious idea:

If the land terrains were to be available, I'd probably put a Volcano next to a Cliff

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Also, a dangerous island, that damages you when you step on it, rather than when your around it.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for the suggestion. We plan on adding several new TILES very soon - All ideas are welcome.
A=Attack
D=Defense

POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
CITY: give half base income if unit stands on it, can not create unit, D- for all units
BRIDGE: all units allowed, A=/D= no bonus on attack or defense
REEF: amphibian: A+/D+, aquatic: A-/D-
OCEAN: amphibian/aerial:forbidden, aquatic:allowed,D-

UNSURE:
CLIFF: A terrain that denies ground heavies to directly go through it. Ground Lights can go directly through it, but at an increased mobility cost. It gives no terrain bonus.

REJECTED:
SMALL ISLAND: because it could be confusing.
VOLCANO: A dangerous, active terrain that doesn't let all Ground and Aerial units to directly pass through. It doesn't just deny units direct access, it will damage anything that stayed adjacent to itself for 1 Hp per turn. Reason: too complicated

Upcoming Amphibian unit suggested A/D per terrain:
PLAIN, WATER, BRIDGE, HEALING PAD: no bonus
BASE, HARBOR: D+
DESERT, FOREST: D-
SWAMP, REEF: A+/D+
OCEAN, MOUNTAIN: forbidden

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 02:14

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

xavi wrote:
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
CITY: give half base income if unit stands on it, can not create unit, D- for all units
BRIDGE: all units allowed, A=/D= no bonus on attack or defense
REEF: amphibian: A+/D+, aquatic: A-/D-
OCEAN: amphibian/aerial:forbidden, aquatic:allowed,D-

UNSURE:
CLIFF: A terrain that denies ground heavies to directly go through it. Ground Lights can go directly through it, but at an increased mobility cost. It gives no terrain bonus.

Great news

I think that reef and ocean are the most important, regarding tactical depth with the new units - no pun intended

City and bridge are ok

I dont think cliffs are needed - not sure what they woud do that mountain does not today...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 09:01

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Wanted to throw this out there, no idea if it is possible or not (or a good idea ):

Gun Emplacement: GL infantry become range 1-3 while on this tile

Other than adding that far fetched idea, I just wanted to say I like the city a lot
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Idk how it's forbidden for aerials to go to oceans? pls explain, xavi

Also, no hills yet? I suggest it would allow all ground units, especially gh, to stay there and give terrain bonus. Amphibious units can't go there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02, 2016 16:09

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

LkASr wrote:Idk how it's forbidden for aerials to go to oceans? pls explain, xavi

Also, no hills yet? I suggest it would allow all ground units, especially gh, to stay there and give terrain bonus. Amphibious units can't go there.

The birds dont go to far out on the open ocean (and helicopters dont have much range unless they are embedded with a naval vessel with room for it - wich we dont have in uniwar)

I dont see a need for hills that give terrain bonus to ground heavy... why would that be needed? (and why realistically would ground heavy benefit from using hills?)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request