[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random ideas for Uniwar
Forum Index » General Discussion
EVR1022

EVR1022

This post is just going to be a collection of a bunch of random and incomplete thoughts and ideas about how UniWar can improve moving forward.

Some of these I've discussed with the mods and/or Xavi already. Others I haven't. Just wanted to write them down somewhere for future reference, and so I don't forget them.

[Note: if you want to discuss one of these, please copy & paste that number for reference instead of quoting the entire post. Thanks in advance ]

1) Championship structure - love the tournaments, would like to see some sort of yearly world championship cycle implemented.

One possible structure - 4 major tournaments where the top 2 qualify for a year-end world championship tournament. That year end tournament would be single elimination with 6 games each round (3 different race match ups, each on a different map, with mirrors). The final round would have 12 games (all 6 race match ups, each on a different map, with mirrors).

2) Titles - implementing a way to earn a higher title or rank through both tournament success and rating.

An example, using the titles from chess:

Class D = new players
Class C = 1600+ rating & reaching the round of 256 in a championship tournament three times.
Class B = 1800+ rating & reaching the round of 128 in a championship tournament three times.
Class A = 2000+ rating & reaching the round of 64 in a championship tournament three times.
Expert = 2200+ rating & reaching the round of 32 in a championship tournament three times.
Master = 2400+ rating & reaching the round of 16 in a championship tournament three times.
Grand Master = 2600+ rating & reaching the round of 8 in a championship tournament three times.

Once earned, a title could never be lost, even if you dip below the rating threshold. They would be a permanent acheivement.

3) New class of units - Creating a 'ground medium' class would open up many new possibilities for achieving balance as new units and new races are added.

Example - the Marauder and Speeder, which top players generally agree are the two strongest and most cost-effective units in the game, would be placed in this class. This way, we can balance units against them without upsetting the balance against other ground heavy units. This will be especially useful as more races (and thus more ground heavy units) are added to the game).

More to come, but it appears I've reached the character limit for a forum comment, so the rest will go in the next comment. Perhaps even a third

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 18:51

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Actually, if the new races use g.m, it might help balance a lot. Although I still think it's unnecessary, i think it's not a bad idea either.

Titles; yesss this will be so awesome. But I think it should be Tournaments reached OR score rather than both. It's too hard to accomplish both.

Championship; that sounds like it will make some really awesome replays.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 18:14

EVR1022

EVR1022

4) New mechanics - Interesting ideas that could be implemented with new units and races, or as modifications to existing units that are underpowered.

a) Splash damage - A special ability for an artillery unit (perhaps the battery?). All units surrounding the target would take a small amount of damage.

b) Multiple targets - Another possibility for long-range units: instead of one powerful attack against a single unit, the ability to target 2 units at 50% power. Perhaps a 2-3 turn cool down after use. Or a unit for one of the new races could simply have limited attack power but 2 actions every turn.

c) Pushback - The ability to actually push another unit back one hex with an attack. This would be for a 'tank' type unit with a physical attack (similar to the Pinzer, but since the Pinzer is fine the way it is it'd probably work better for one of the new races). If there is already a unit in the hex behind them, then the target would not be moved, but the unit behind them would take some damage.

d) Arc damage - Similar to splash damage, but for a short range attacker (range = 1). The two units on each side of the target would take a small amount of damage.

That's what I've got for now. Will try to think of more.

Next, ideas for new units & new races when I get time to type them up.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

My clockwork race has a push back. Pyreans have blast damage, and so does machine. Arc damage sounds fun.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04, 2016 18:52

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

we also have Vampire, Consume for Hiilangi, and some abilities on the Atlantics.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Bevo69

[Avatar]
Bevo69

Why can't I chat with other players,how am I to learn without asking questions?
As for improvement's how about 3d ability to see board from a different angle always works for my artwork just saying
[Thumb - Skull_Aztec-wallpaper-10431101.jpg]
 Filename Skull_Aztec-wallpaper-10431101.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 561 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

BeVo69, OU suxs
Forum Index » General Discussion