[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How to play uniwar on a PC
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Playing uniwar on a PC (or Mac) is possible, but a little effort... So here is a how to:

1. Plugin in Chrome for PC (or Chromebook)
- Install the ARC Welder plugin for google chrome browser : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn
- Download the latest APK to your PC : http://www.uniwar.com/app/uniwar.apk
- Start the ARC Welder program and add the uniwar APK - and Play !
UPDATE: plugin no longer work for PC. It only works with chromebook

2. Emulator
There are many emulators for PC that can use Android apps.
My experience is from bluestacks emulator wich is pretty easy to start and use.
http://www.bluestacks.com/ Download, install and run bluestacks.
- Follow instructions to enable the google play store in bluestacks (you need a google account).
- search for uniwar, install and play!
(- a tip would also be to run a launcher, for example the free nova launcher... to make bluestacks more like Android on tablet/phone interface)
UPDATE: bluestacks is not the best performing emulator and it have a lot of ads... i have been testing other recently and found KO-player and NOX to be better alternatives.

Personally i find the plugin option much better than bluestacks emulator. It runs better and you dont get the hassle with bluestacks installing other games (inside bluestacks emulator).

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Jul 08, 2017 07:25

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

lol just before the pc version comes out you tell us this

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

ok. can't seem to extract the apk file from verison phone. The extractor program doesn't seem to connect to my pc when wired to it. Also not showing in directories on pc viewing phone....

Do we have a uniwar apk file onlike somewhere?

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

updated ... how to transfer the APK to a PC

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

sadly only get a broken puzzle piece instead of the game running

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26, 2016 18:32

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i think you either have an older chrome version , windows version or PC...

I have chrome 50, windows 10 on a medium range PC

[Email]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

What about macbook?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

mistercreepy wrote:What about macbook?

I dont think you have the plugin for mac.... so you can go with the bluestacks option

[Email]
deNavailles

deNavailles

mistercreepy wrote:What about macbook?

I'm using a Mac version of BlueStacks. It has been out some for some time now. Works for me quite well when I need it but I'm happier on my iPad usually.
elJasono

elJasono

I have an iPhone, so there's no APK. Is there a similar loophole for iOS users, or a way to make this one work? My preliminary research has only turned up some dodgy iOS emulators that more than likely are just malware. If there's not a way around it, hopefully everyone will be nice and not skip my turn :S I need to turn off automatic updates... haha

EDIT: I re-read the original post, and it sounds like if I use bluestacks, I can just get Uniwar from the Google Play Store. I'll try that. If I don't edit this again, assume it worked. Yay!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06, 2016 02:50

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

elJasono wrote:I have an iPhone, so there's no APK. Is there a similar loophole for iOS users, or a way to make this one work? My preliminary research has only turned up some dodgy iOS emulators that more than likely are just malware. If there's not a way around it, hopefully everyone will be nice and not skip my turn :S I need to turn off automatic updates... haha

EDIT: I re-read the original post, and it sounds like if I use bluestacks, I can just get Uniwar from the Google Play Store. I'll try that. If I don't edit this again, assume it worked. Yay!

PM me here or in the game if you need a link from my GDrive to the latest Android uniwar APK

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06, 2016 05:05

[Email]
th1whoknocks

th1whoknocks

There is a version of Android that runs natively on PCs called ReMix. Do a web search for "remix os pc". I don't have direct experience with ReMix for Windows, but I can tell you that the tablet version is great.
Hiraga

Hiraga

TheDragon wrote:sadly only get a broken puzzle piece instead of the game running

its already long time ago.....

i'm get "broken puzzle piece too", but i close then open again, close open again, [...] and after that working fine.
sometimes, it works in first try too...

"arc welder" is still unstable, so expect "BUGS"... ah, not that bug

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08, 2017 00:03

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've been trying to get this working on my Kubuntu install and I too always get a broken puzzle piece. Any suggestions, however technical (though I really can't be bothered to recompile my kernel!) I'll have a go at.

I also tried to use https://www.genymotion.com, but it got very complicated trying to get it to create an internal connection to the VirtualBox VM it creates, so it never really started up. Also its not free ($99 per year) so I was only using the 30 day trial version.

Bluestacks doesn't work in wine anymore too.

I might try dual booting my PC in windows 10 just so I can run bluestacks (which I have done in the past) but on that machine it is VERY slow.

To be honest the only reason I am doing all this is so I can capture the POST messages that are sent when you request a map list or an individual map. So if a dev could tell me what that API is I'd not need to bother Please Sims can you run wireshark and grab those messages for me?

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

wookieontheweb wrote:I've been trying to get this working on my Kubuntu install and I too always get a broken puzzle piece.

I might try dual booting my PC in windows 10 just so I can run bluestacks (which I have done in the past) but on that machine it is VERY slow.

To be honest the only reason I am doing all this is so I can capture the POST messages that are sent when you request a map list or an individual map. So if a dev could tell me what that API is I'd not need to bother Please Sims can you run wireshark and grab those messages for me?

Might be a ubuntu issue?
It work well in windows 10 with medium or better specs... (both chrome+arc welder + apk and bluestacks).

What would you need the post messages for? Nothing thats violating the ToS i hope ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08, 2017 17:28

[Email]
Forum Index » Guides & Tips