[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Most under powered / under used units
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Anonymous

Anonymous
What do you think are the most underpowered/ used units for each race, and creative suggestions to improve them?

Mine:

Titans: Speeder
Reason: Less often used, Titans need more mobility to be competitive.
Solution: Make able to move over any terrain, but have to end its move on terrain it can currently be on. Have it ignore terrain movement modifiers like a flyer (but stay ground heavy). Imagine it as a hover vehicle that can hover high over terrain for short distances.

Sapiens: Battery
Reason: Rarely seen, hard to use, easy to kill.
Solution: Allow it to move after firing (NOT before).

Krahleans: Swarmer.
Reason: Not as often seen in non kral vs kral matches.
Solution: Give it +1 gang up bonus against ground troops (encourage it to 'swarm'). Bonus is only vs ground because Khral vs Khral is already often a swarm-athon (but they don't get used much vs others).

Anybody else got some thoughts?

Decent ideas. I think speeder needs a little love. I'd like to see it be able to travel on water as well as ground, actually, though I have no idea if that would screw things up balance wise. It would give Titans a little edge and mobility they don't have now.

The battery is fine in my opinion. Letting it move after attacking would be way too powerful, considering the sapiens already have two units that do that. It's a good unit vs Titans especially backed by engineers and tanks and it's 200 cheaper than a walker which is fair considering it's weaker with less range. It's not used often, but I think that's just because it's a really situational unit that doesn't fit the standard (highly mobile) sapien playstyle-- but it's great to have when you need it, to demonstrate their adaptability.

Swarmers getting a bigger gang-up bonus against all units is a good idea too. I also think they should be dropped to 200. Encourage their ability to "swarm" and make them more viable against hordes of marines and mechas.

Oh, and one other idea I was thinking was for assimilators to identify all buried underlings (within range) for one turn with their UV burst.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07, 2009 19:39

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah, on second thought I probably agree with you about the battery - I just got schooled with them on the kwai river bridge!

If it isn't clear, the idea with Speeders is just that they can jump over mountains and water (provided they have enough movement left), but not end a move there.
Forum Index » New Feature Request