[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
what paid options would you buy in game?
Forum Index » General Discussion
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:40

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

#1 on my list is colors. I would love to be able to customize colors and have green and teal together

#2 is new units / races. I would pay out the ear for that

#3 is flag creation / customization
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:#1 on my list is colors. I would love to be able to customize colors and have green and teal together

#2 is new units / races. I would pay out the ear for that

#3 is flag creation / customization

#1 works great
#2 I think new races, not new units. All units are esstiental to playing as a certain race
#3 I don't think anyone would play for that. Not sure .
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Premium maps: what if all of the maps made with purchased map coins were premium and you needed a prenyim account to play them?

Premium map elements : what if people with premium accounts got extra map building elements too?

Price: premium map making and playing account; 60 unicoins

A reduction in map tokens: I think that 100 map tokens as a starting point is ridiculous. Id give noobs 2 or 3 . I think this was covered in another thread

Special modes: perhaps people should pay for passes to go to new game modes (capture the flag, mission maker, world domination, etc)

Rank Shields: every time you buy a rank shield, your rank cannot go below the current rank enless you turn off the shield. These have one time uses, and can be used infinite times.
Example; let's say I'm 1709, and I buy a rank shield. I can go up to 1870. I go on a losing streak. Even if I lose 200 points I can't go below 1709.

Maybe rank Shields should just reduce the loss in points by 75% or something instead

Rank stabilizers: when you buy one, you can only gain or lose 1-3 points in random ranked. So, this keeps you from losing too many points at once.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

@apercent

Premium maps: i don't love the idea. Not sure I even like it haha. But I could see it.

New accounts currently start with zero map tokens I believe.

Game modes is a great idea. I would pay for that!

Rank shields/stabilizers : where does the winners points come from then? I don't think this would work, and would open up potential abuses.

How about a double down ranked game tier where people earn or lose at least twice as much rank, and it costs 5-10 unicoins to join? They could be mirrored, as well. That would be something that would get people amped up I imagine ?
------
Flag customization? To be able to build your own flag on a pixel level, you don't think people would pay for that? I'm kinda surprised. I think teams and clans would be all about that. People would have to pay (a lesser amount) to use custom created flags too I imagine. I feel like this could be a decent revenue stream ?
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:40

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:try to keep it only about your personal desires, thats what i want to know

I want to fight tanks with exploding robots. But that's not going to happen :*(
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:@apercent

Premium maps: i don't love the idea. Not sure I even like it haha. But I could see it.

New accounts currently start with zero map tokens I believe.

Game modes is a great idea. I would pay for that!

Rank shields/stabilizers : where does the winners points come from then? I don't think this would work, and would open up potential abuses.

How about a double down ranked game tier where people earn or lose at least twice as much rank, and it costs 5-10 unicoins to join? They could be mirrored, as well. That would be something that would get people amped up I imagine ?
------
Flag customization? To be able to build your own flag on a pixel level, you don't think people would pay for that? I'm kinda surprised. I think teams and clans would be all about that. People would have to pay (a lesser amount) to use custom created flags too I imagine. I feel like this could be a decent revenue stream ?

I thought you meant choosing a nationality. My bad. I'd pay maybe 5 unicoins go build a flag.

I think double ranked sounds awesome. I'd play that all of the time. Heck I'd be willing to pay 50 unicoins for that

Rank shield you gain points like normal, and lose points like normal. But when you go below the threshold (1709 for the example). You don't lose anymore or lose 75% less points

Rank stabilizer is mainly for people who want to stay at a certain rank. You can turn them off, but once you do you can't turn them back on again.
[Avatar]
Mentalist

[Avatar]
Mentalist

Anything that lets me customize units, flags and name (name color/font)
Gift to friends is something I'm interested in. So yeah, so far there isn't much I'm interested in, but anything that lets me customize my profile and army, I wanna show off my creativity and fabulousness
nindatana

nindatana

I like seeing the country flags. One of the things I like about this game is seeing, everyday, how global it is, how varied the players are. I wouldn't want to lose that. It would be good though to have an additional item like a personal crest or "portrait" or whatever. I'd pay for that.

Idea: lots of people like custom crests and insignias, but few are good at creating them. Ditto for art of win/lose splash screens and so on. What about a market place? I can buy a logo for XX coins, and earn X coins for everyone who buys one of mine.

Also this thread has good ideas: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2271.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25, 2016 06:05

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Premium maps would then split the game into the haves/havenots not good

But ideas I like (some repeates)
Custom colors for units
(pay for custom click of your personal views) I'm assuming those with out it will see default colors but perhaps it could be for all to see. Only main issue that I see is teams or players with similar colors matching up (hence my idea for custom for your view only so others are default colors. Though it would be nice to work out 'team color' schemes I.E. Team Dragon Cheese could be Black/Burgandy (one has first as main second has accent) in team colors

Custom Flags
Already if you look at the player list we allegedly have folks from all over, but in reality they've picked countries with interesting flags. I'd pay coins for various custom flags (both personal and team flags). Important though would be that all flags would need to conform to a specific size ratio, color format. etc. and would also NEED to be aproved (Trust me, I've seen some rather shocking things uploaded to games when theres no screening process and this game does involve players of all ages/sexes)

Custom Game Modes
Capture the flag, Assasin, 3-4 2 man team FFAs. I'm sure there are other modes as well. Hell I'd love to see some sort of screening process for new folks before allowed onto 4+ player maps as they don't realize they are not as fast as a 1 on 1 with the bots and leave games after they start (or abandon)

Plush Pinzers
(o.k. probably not going to happen in reality but could be cool to have none the less. Perhaps as an off shoot markinging thing...

Speaking of which. Uniwar Bling
We had it for wildwest why not uniwars? Mouse pads, mugs, steins, clocks, t-shirts (not the best of funding, but we did make some money for wildwest and folks got (and still have) stuff to show their support.
Example would be the wildwest merch site (think its still up)....
Yup just found the mug

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

nindatana wrote:I like seeing the country flags. One of the things I like about this game is seeing, everyday, how global it is, how varied the players are. I wouldn't want to lose that. It would be good though to have an additional item like a personal crest or "portrait" or whatever. I'd pay for that.

Idea: lots of people like custom crests and insignias, but few are good at creating them. Ditto for art of win/lose splash screens and so on. What about a market place? I can buy a logo for XX coins, and earn X coins for everyone who buys one of mine.

Also this thread has good ideas: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2271.page

My problem with that is that it gets kind of boring to have to see the American flag all of the time. Perhaps if we go with your selection, we can also give everyone a flag for their region if they live in big countries like the US or China. Hey, runiwar got to do it, so why not us?
nindatana

nindatana

Apercent wrote:My problem with that is that it gets kind of boring to have to see the American flag all of the time.

Huh. I don't get that, only about 30% US, I guess usually playing at night on PST puts me on the cusp so I see more countries. (I'm actually Canadian but so fr have only run in to 2 others). It would be annoying to see mostly one type of flag. I wonder how hard to use state flags? ...sounding like straight up custom would be more straight forward.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for all the great ideas. Some of them are definitely coming (more flags, ...)
Keep them coming

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Not sure about the time investment required for new in game art work, but having new base art might be something people would buy (I would at any rate)

If possible it might be good to have prestigious ones for winning a tournament. And then a bunch you could buy.

But I'm not sure about the time.....

alternate skins for units I'm pretty sure would get bought up... Think that's alrEady been suggested somewhere ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26, 2016 13:10

Forum Index » General Discussion