[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The most fearsome units in the game
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

What is the most fearsome units in the game? Why and how?

As a bonus, what are the least fearsome units in the game?

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

For me, Hydronauts and Walkers because of their range and one of my most feared tactics is the snowballing tactic: Walker in, you get blocked for a few turns, and you're done.

My least fearsome units are the Underling and Eclipse. Underlings don't deal anything to aerial units, which I'd really take advamtage on, Eclipses on the other hand are just easy counters for my Marauders and they don't pose too much of a threat to my helicopters, but they do sometimes

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 24, 2016 01:45

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Most fearsome underlings. Buried and they jump up and eat your face.

Sure they can't hit air but I don't imagine I would be flying in this world really :p

Nothing about saps seems scary to me. Titans probably walkers. I feel like I would just be cowering in a corner afraid that a blast was gonna come out of nowhere and just annihilate me.

Wyrms are pretty freaky too. Spitting acid. That would be second to underlings I think.

Least fearsome is definitely engineer. Followed by let's say a ... Hmmmm maybe a helicopter. Since they exist now and don't kill me.

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

aren't support units are already given?

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:aren't support units are already given?

Infector and assimilator can be pretty fearsome as well. Really I should've probably put infector on my scariest list
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I put them in my easiest kills instead

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

My vote goes to eclipses for most fearsome unit.

Firstly, infectors are more so annoying than scary. They can spread around plague, sure, but with its -1 to health, it rarely comes off as any thing more than annoying. They aren't hard to kill with maruader, speeder , eclipse, and helicopters. The repair rate they give to pinzers is incredible, but not enough to register fear of the scoripion.

Comparing assimilator to eclipse is almost unfair. Arguably, teleportation is better than uv. *2 repair rate and assimilate arent as good as a 12 air and 10 g.l. one has 9 defense, the other has none. One has 10 Mobility, the other has 6. One has a range of 2, one doesn't even has a range. And all for only 200 credits.

In k v k, wyrms are a force to be reckoned with, but not as much as the eclipse aren't as scaried of pinzers (only taking 4 damage) and are cheaper. Sure, wyrms have a slightly higher range, but eclipse have a slightly higher mobility. And being realistic, with a defense of 9, eclipse don't need to outrange swarmers. Not to mention, eclipse are 150 credits cheaper, and can teleport.

Walkers and eclipse go head to head with each other on the fear list, but I vote for eclipse. Reasons being that eclipse aren't easy to kill. Even with a pinzer, your only guaranteed about 4 damage. They also can stomp underling, and shoot the ones that unbury (from a range). I fear walkers for the same reason that I fear eclipse. They kill my air. But eclipse are cheaper and do a better job. And they can teleport!

As an added bonus, you don't need to shield eclipses for the most part. Most Titans players just leave them out. If they get damaged, teleport away.

I do fear mass walkers, yes, but they cost too much to be that scary, especially when you have maruader and helicopters on your side.

And underlings are scary I guess, but not really when you have assimilator. They're terrible vs helicopters

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24, 2016 12:36

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

How can any of the bugs be 'scary'??? They are all just so cute and cuddly. Proud member of the Plush Pinzers (the cuddliest of all the bugs). Oh the fear we'll spread in the next 4v4 toury

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

LkASr wrote:I put them in my easiest kills instead

I'm imaging if i walked outside and saw a unit, or knew about a unit in real life what would be scariest.

From a game perspective. I don't think any are really scary. Just all pose a question.

Least scary in game is def tanks for me, at any rate. Most feared is probably engineer if I am Titans on certain maps. Potential of EMP on small maps is just so tough to deal with. Big maps ofc they're not scary but yeah
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Agree with dausenki. Anyone want to have a nerd debate about tanks?
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

slightly off topic (but could be scary to some) was searching through my gaming photobucket and came across a collection of images I put together for an online space roll play game (using Nationstates and other stuff as partial backgrounds of our space races.

My race was the Association of the Nth'ch (a bug collective) no wonder why I love the khrals lol

http://s403.photobucket.com/user/DragonGaming/slideshow/Dragon%20Gaming/Space?sort=4

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion