[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Great disrespect calls for even greater tolerance.
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

Hello UNIWAR community and apologies in advance for what I'm about to say, but this issue has come to a boiling point with me and no doubt others as well. Also I understand forehand it's not my job to go around telling people how they should behave and what they should talk about in public chat, I get all that... But I get so sick of players talking about " gassing Jews " in casual conversation or players having the liberty to name they're profile names xITLER or xDOLF. I will not say those names in my home so it's very unfortunate that garbage has to get crammed down the community's throat. In what world does genocide come up in casual talk with no reverence to those who died in those mass murders, or those how died liberating them, out those who lost family members? Again I apologize for the heavy topic but I've had my fill.

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

This is a war game. The very concept is sending thousands of soldiers to death in pits and mountains. A dictator who commits genocide fits right in.

I guess the puns are bad, but at the same time, this is Hitler. He isn't a man of character
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

I don't know I've always been willing to admit when I'm wrong about something, as I usually shoot first and ask questions later. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, however I still find it incredibly disrespectful as well as distasteful. I know were all different and of different cultures but that just seems like something everyone would agree on.

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:This is a game

The name Hitler has no place here

Not enough time has passed to heal the wounds created by this evil person.

If you don't understand that then you may benefit from some extra time in social studies.

Maybe in another 50-100 years he will be looked at more like a Vlad the Impaler.. but I'm not sure. Images of the crimes hitler committed being available... Just yuck.

All of it is disgusting. I hate that there is any tolerance to it at this point. And I hate to see anyone defending it.

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Duaneski wrote:

By misquoting me, you missed the whole point of what I said.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:

By misquoting me, you missed the whole point of what I said.

I didn't miss the point of what you said. This being a game of any sort doesn't make these symbols okay.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

So what? Are they OK in a history class? Are they OK in museum s? When are they ok? Or are you suggesting they should get banned entirely, and that we should hide the existence?
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

C'mon apercent that's a weak argument.

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

cmbaptist wrote:C'mon apercent that's a weak argument.

I give you that

OK, so is not saying Hitler going to make him dissapear or something? We need to stop pretending the Holocaust didn't happen, this not going to make it go away.

And the peopel that survived it are in their 90s. They aren't even playing this game, most likely. At this point, ww2 IS history.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 26, 2016 23:10

Ammo

Ammo

It's just a name he pick to play a war type game. I have not seen in chat him say anything bad. He seems to just want to play the game. If he started talking about Jews then he should be ban. But ban for that not the name.
[Avatar]
miamimoose

[Avatar]
miamimoose

Would we ask the same of a new member to our congregation or community judging solely off his or her namesake? Judge not I believe is a saying somewhere...I understand said person chose their "Hi my name is" badge So instead of eating the apple alongside him we KRANE kick that sweet delicious out their mit and show them the other side of the garden where peaches and relationship rainbows sprout...UniWar is a vast cultural club of pen 15 personalities so why cant a Sadam or an Adolf "dictate" their own path to and within our gaming neighborhood. Let actions compel you not factions
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

Unfortunately when hard stances are made a target forms on the back of the one making the stance. That's alright, what's done is done... Oh btw moose don't attempt to quote Scripture to me. I know what the Bible says and what it stands for despite what the rebellious would make it to say... But I stand by what I said in the beginning of this post, some things are just wrong and need to be pointed out..

[Avatar]
miamimoose

[Avatar]
miamimoose

I wouldn't dare challenge you on such a subject I'd be Myyrth to your golden frankincense, a camel toe to your North star...I respect your views and I hope you know I mean no disregard with mine...If he acts like hitler he dies like hitler I'm with you
[Avatar]
miamimoose

[Avatar]
miamimoose

UniBud
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

We cool you know I still love moose man

Forum Index » General Discussion