[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
All races explained fan-fiction
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Hello, i had a l'l spared time so i wrote a short story of how I see Uniwar races. Sorry for my english, most definitely not my mother tongue ;-)
PS. The most difficult task was to connect all the races so they could be allies sometimes, in different configuration.
PS. 2. Read a couple of other fan stories on the forum. Huge fan.

1) The Dawn.
[mood theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4UHD8y6no ]

At the beginning, there was a Mankind. It wasn’t however a species of angry apes we know these days; this one was a little bit wiser, and richer in experience, than we are. Free of conflict, compassionate, and ready to take the whole UNIverse as its rightful claim, the Kingdom of Reason.
And it was done so.
Colonies of our descendants spring through all planets and star systems and galaxies worth living, absorbing all energies of the world and giving back vast cities, rich cultures, epic stories and beautiful thoughts. They flew all over the space with their metal cocoons, until every piece of rock, every volcanic planet and every uninhabited moon had seen their face.
Then… the greed has once again poisoned human soul. From the core of our human mind sounded the old song, repeatedly: ‘This is not enough’. The conflict was inevitable.
Due to lack of enemies, as always, Man turned against a Man.

#radio transmission, 1403.967, Carina Nebula system
“To all commanders and brave warriors of the United Fleet. We are at war. I repeat. WE-ARE-AT-WAR. The Enemy has made a first move, our fleet – scattered. Our homes – burned. Our families – slaughtered. Yet we will not stop fighting, not until last one of us will shout loudly and proudly, filling the void with the story of brave men fighting against all odds, against countless, against gods and fate, to (…)”

2) The Darkness.

[mood theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XrFrGuiApY ]
Weaker, younger brother of the conflicts, the United Fleet, was losing. Then, one of their commanders, whose name luckily will be forever forgotten, came to a mad idea. It was obvious that nor nukes, lasers, AI, hyperspeed technology won’t save them. It had to be something their enemies didn’t have, or didn’t want to use. Maybe they just feared it? Who knows.
And so they started to using biological weapon, named K-HR41. A multi-potential gun, which threw into space shells full of little nasty eggs. Once the creatures in the eggs were feeling warm and comfortable, they came out and evolve, multiply and kill every form of life on the planet.

#battle report, 2111.968, Andromeda Galaxy
“We stand no chance. Our marines are terrified. Frankly I think this is my last report. These monsters… they come out of the ground, fall from the sky… Hour after hour, day after day. They don’t fear, don’t feel… Only eat and shout. Our last troops defend each other in major forests and mountain passes, hiding, disobeying orders. Mayb…AaaAAArgh!!!... (…) –transmission ended-“

The results was spectacular, and the war – nearly won.
K-HR41 was made by scientists, who manipulated on a genes of species found on several different planets. The men of reason gave new race speed, ruthlessness, the collective consciousness and intelligence, and they gave them one thing they didn’t intend to pass by. The very same hunger which tainted their own hearts before.
After all men on the planet was dead, they always fought with themselves, unti there was nothing more to eat. Sometimes they appeared on the systems they shouldn’t be. Hiding in the spaceships, most often. Evolving faster and faster. Soon the whole UNIverse was endangered.

3) The Neon Lights.

[mood theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Kw8oKh94M ]

Trying to avoid the plague of a great swarm, the wisest of men created a machine that could interfere with the thinking of underlings, so that the great ants be ‘unplugged’ of a collective consciousness, independent and willing to help sapiens.
Assimilator.
Before that, sapiens never had any problems with the AI. After that, well… Add super-inteligent electric brain, mix it with hunger and whole lotta insectoid hormones, psychedelic substances floating in their half-machine bodies… Cyber underlings were unhappy, and decided to meet their own fate.
As they considered themselves superior to sapiens, they started to use the name ‘titans’. Because electric insects are always deep into greek mythology, of course.
Soon they started to improve its poor bodies, sometimes de novo of pure metal, sometimes mixed with great insectoid genome, sometimes even human genome. They made a diversed army and brutally invaded devastated worlds. Not only with force, but with wit and diplomacy as well.

#binary transmission, decrypted on the DEADMONK base, 0411.971
“Join us. Fight khraleans. Otherwise, die.”

#interrogation of a pinzer prisoner, translated, OMEGA BEACH, 0203.972
“Our queen captured, we war for metals now. Until the queen not captured anymore. Wraaargh!...”

4) The Aftermath.

[mood theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBUrFx_x5to ]

All of this was thousands of years ago, but the fighting never stopped. Three perfectly balanced enemies, in an endless circle of violence and corruption. Sure, all of them had bad moments, sometimes critical, sometimes made fragile alliances, sometimes, close to ultimate victory, they turned against themselves. And no matter how many cyborgs was reprogrammed, how many people mutated and how many insects plugged in, the war of the universe is permanent. There is no ‘after’.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I like this story because it's short and sweet. 7/10
RunToTheHills

RunToTheHills

Maybe not that original at all (good guys become bad and fight each other, same old story). Nevertheless, i really enjoyed reading this, you can fascinate readers very well. I expecially liked the idea of "transmissions" at the end of every chapter.
Nice job
join wang

join wang

#interrogation of a pinzer prisoner, translated, OMEGA BEACH, 0203.972
“Our queen captured, we war for metals now. Until the queen not captured anymore. Wraaargh!...”

I real liked your story but didn't the kharledeans refer to the titans as demons? I always thought of the kharledeans as the native while the sapiens were the invaders titans were just a mystery to me (created by some unknown race?).

PS does anyone know if there is a character cap when quoting
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

Edit: moved to my own thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22, 2017 04:12

AXC2000

AXC2000

It was on that fateful day that mankind became no more.

The 'Titans' as they soon would be appropriately named, landed their first base on Earth... Not long after cities began to burn. Titans began decimating entire nations with walkers and keeping the reinforcements at bay with hydronauts. Soon, only a handful of us survived, yet we knew that even then it wasn't long before the titans gathered in power and risked openly fighting against our dwindling nuclear arsenals.

But then something almost miraculous happened, almost. The khra' had arrived and they fought back the slightly surprised armies of the titan with a vengeance, not only that, the pinzers were capable of communication, but I'll rather be dead than go face to face with one of those ugly mugs again.

Still, if it wasn't for the khraleans, sapiens would've been wiped off the starmap long ago. But don't ask me to thank them, you don't want to know how many of my friends got turned into those mindless things. Just don't ask.

As for the communication, well like any messenger those guys had good news and bad news. Heh, the good news was that they were on our side...for now. The bad news was the reason why they were. See, a long time ago, an ancient species created the titan mech, as a servant and protector of their off-galaxy labs as well as an 'assimilator' to repair them and - hold on, you won't believe this - to get rid of pests! Yeah, I know, right?

The pinzer who told me laughed at this and that why I fear it will be in my nightmares until I die, trust me, a pinzer's laugh is much, much worse than its bite.

Anyway, turns out that assimilator glitched and figured all organic creatures were pests. I think you know how that went, I can see it in your faces. Anyway, what you might not've figured out was that the assimilators killed off the engineers who next came to inspect them and began building their own little army. The khra' don't know if any ancients are still alive at all, but their guess is that they all died or something else. Titans are very good assimilators, after all. Heh.

Now, you'all probably wondering what the khraleans have to do with this at all. I'll tell ya, but I'll just let you know first. The khraleans are not the misshapen things you've seen in the data banks. Nope, that's what they'd like you to believe. The khralean is a virus, a mind controling one that happens to be able to communicate with ultrasound through their host. And it's not unique either.
AXC2000

AXC2000

Several strains of similar diseases were dealt with befirehand by the titans simply by cutting off communication channels, which made the host go bat-dit. But the khralean were different. Titans couldn't hear ultrasound, the bastards weren't equipped with it and due to the fact that they can't make new equipment, only rearrange their old tech, they couldn't predict khralean! So that's how the khra' became the constant thorn on the titan's armor-plated armpits, and since the khra' have become mutalistic with their hosts they no longer need ultrasound just . All they need to do is simply follow the Titans around, infect a few specimen of whatever the titans were going to destroy before titans can even react, and send waves of hosts at them.

Good for them. Yeah, and guess what they found, long ago on a blue and green planet? An intelligent species. The first since the pinzer, who are semi-intelligent to say the most and ugly as a metroid. So what did they want? Why, to 'recruit' us against the biggest threat to life the galaxy has known, of course! How did that go? Well, aside from forcing us to revert to our species name 'Sapiens' to differentiate between infected, who will this generation anyway still think we call ourselves humans...they left us pretty much alone, thinking that eventually we'll see the best way forward is to join the fight against the Titans as their thinkbots. Well screw that, as far as I can see, they are regretting that decision. So when you kids go out there, don't try to say hello. Shoot them to bits, OK? Good! That's the spirit!

Look, the teleport is about to finish up, so you'd better hurry up and get your armor on. Oh, wait, one more thing. This thing we're able to teleport you to is what we call a base, its a piece of ancient technology and is practically a hyper-lab. Everything you need to shoot down khraleans is down there; especially the helicopter. And you'll need them, cos the base is smack bang in the middle of a khralean owned set of bases and you've got no teleport back, we don't want infecteds.

The base is the absolute key, okay? Capture them at all costs, all costs. Without bases, Titans practically can't function and khraleans would have to raise an army the old-fashioned way, slow and leisurely. Heh. So get those bases, good luck marines and may the helis be with you!

(Bzzt...unknown language, buildup of static, reality flickering)
Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Did I tell you you're landing next to an active volca-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24, 2017 12:07

[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

Wow, long time no see!
I like where this went guys. Must add sth to it in a short time...
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins